And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Some positives from President Trump

Israel to Make Rare Overture to Palestinians ‘at Trump Request’

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/05/22/israel-make-rare-overture-palestinians-trump-request/

This would be a nice step towards peace between the Israelis and Palestinians

And for those that criticize the first lady

Melania Trump: Breakout Star of Trump’s First Foreign Trip

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/05/22/melania-trump-breakout-star-trumps-first-foreign-trip/

Of course, I know many of you will downplay this as you don't believe in giving credit where credit is due

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Of course, I know many of you will downplay this as you don't believe in giving credit where credit is due
Well, it's hard to give credit when the negatives outweigh the good by so much. When he does something productive it's a relief. It shouldn't be a relief, it should be normal. How am I supposed to be happy with him potentially fixing one thing, when at the same time he's screwing up 500 other things?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, something else just struck me today:

Now, once again, I'm speaking completely from observation, and not from any "fake news" sources or anything "left leaning propaganda," but I've noticed that many Republicans seem to have an obsession with 9-11: Bush was always bragging about it, Giuliani hardly ever shuts up about it, and whenever it's the anniversary of the tragedy it's usually Republicans across America who always make a big spectacle out of it.

Now, at the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, it's striking me that hardly anybody on the right is raising any kind of a stink over Trump basically giving Saudi Arabia a spending spree for our weapons and sending our jobs over to their country - a country that played a huge part in 9-11 - and it makes me wondering if the GOP is trying to instigate another 9-11?

Now I'm starting to wonder if all those conspiracy theories about 9-11 being an inside job really are true after all? Even I always dismissed those theories as B.S., but seeing what's going on in the world is making me reconsider that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would suggest you watch the first Late Show with David Letterman after 9/11. Listen to the views on the cause of the attack by both Letterman an Dan Rather. Rather is a Democrat who recently has been slamming Trump quite a bit.

I refuse to believe that America or anyone in power helped cause the attacks on our own people. That would be like saying the Obama administration caused all of the mass shootings to help push new gun control laws.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Alright, let's stop talking about Trump for two seconds and instead talk about these jerk-offs who think 9/11 was a government job.

I have no idea why, but lately I'm seeing more and more of these people. I watch a video with Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson talking about what he was doing on 9/11, and the comment section gets flooded with, "Bruce is a smart man. Why then doesn't he know that the government did 9/11?" and "Bruce knows what really happened but won't say it because then the band would be banned from playing in the States," and stuff like that.

I'm sick of it. I just want to know why people feel the need to spread this crap. As far as I can see, there's no base for it; why do people think there is?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A unity Tough Pigs helped to further shatter.

But maybe that's not a bad thing. After the TP experience, plus the behavior of the Ghostbusters fandom, I find I am less and less in need of unity. We can't be so afraid to think for ourselves, or be by ourselves in general.

EDIT: By that I mean that I don't need TP's brand of unity to be happy as a fan.​
Tough Pigs tended to rub me the wrong way too. I attended an event they hosted in Manhattan two years ago. They seem to pride themselves on the fact they know more Muppet goings-on than anybody else. But they come off with an arrogant, hipper-than-thou attitude, and anyone who doesn't conform to their (sometimes) narrow-minded expectations can't be part of their little club.

I'm too old for that crap anyway. If I didn't have time for that in high school, I certainly don't have time for that now.

The only other telling thing about them, back in 2009 I got to meet Fran Brill. It was a genuine honor to meet her, I got an autograph and a few pictures with her, but she asked me "You're not one of those Tough Pigs people, are you?"
When I assured her I wasn't, she was a lot more at ease with me, and really opened up.

It seemed in '09, when Sesame turned 40 and anyone connected with Sesame was more visible to the public, she got stalked quite a bit.

It's nice to appreciate the work any Muppeteer does, but not at the expense of their privacy. They deserve to have a life too.

So I'm not part of the clique. Tough crap, Tough Pigs.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Tough Pigs tended to rub me the wrong way too. I attended an event they hosted in Manhattan two years ago. They seem to pride themselves on the fact they know more Muppet goings-on than anybody else. But they come off with an arrogant, hipper-than-thou attitude, and anyone who doesn't conform to their (sometimes) narrow-minded expectations can't be part of their little club.

I'm too old for that crap anyway. If I didn't have time for that in high school, I certainly don't have time for that now.

The only other telling thing about them, back in 2009 I got to meet Fran Brill. It was a genuine honor to meet her, I got an autograph and a few pictures with her, but she asked me "You're not one of those Tough Pigs people, are you?"
When I assured her I wasn't, she was a lot more at ease with me, and really opened up.

It seemed in '09, when Sesame turned 40 and anyone connected with Sesame was more visible to the public, she got stalked quite a bit.

It's nice to appreciate the work any Muppeteer does, but not at the expense of their privacy. They deserve to have a life too.

So I'm not part of the clique. Tough crap, Tough Pigs.
Why? Does Fran not like Toughpigs or something?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Please, I'll take ToughPigs over any of these fansites any day (Wiki excluded). The site is run by adults who act like adults and have discussions like adults.

They're not afraid to admit when things are terrible and they think so. Nobody there is posting about petitioning Disney for DVDs, or thread after thread asking for episodes that nobody has. MC may be fun for some, but I would hardly consider it the better alternative.

While what happened to Fran (apparently) sounds awful, there's no evidence against TP. I've been stalked too by some random YouTube user; that's an issue for the entire Muppet fandom, not one site.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Please, I'll take ToughPigs over any of these fansites any day (Wiki excluded). The site is run by adults who act like adults and have discussions like adults.

They're not afraid to admit when things are terrible and they think so. Nobody there is posting about petitioning Disney for DVDs, or thread after thread asking for episodes that nobody has. MC may be fun for some, but I would hardly consider it the better alternative.

While what happened to Fran (apparently) sounds awful, there's no evidence against TP. I've been stalked too by some random YouTube user; that's an issue for the entire Muppet fandom, not one site.
If you feel that strongly about it then why are you here?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

I think I know who you are talking about.