And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Before we go crazy on Trump again, here's something I found the other day and would love to hear your thoughts on...

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com
This is the same kind of teaching I was under as A teen. This kind of stuff was drilled in me. Almost everyone else that was in my age group has completely turned from God because of this kind of teaching.
Now I still believe that the King James version is the only true word of God, but the rest of this stuff is just twisting God's Word to make it more hateful then it really is.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking?

What do we think of the website? (It's bat### crazy).

Or who is my Savior? (Jesus Christ!)
The website, lol. I found it some time ago and got a laugh and a head scratching at the same time. :stick_out_tongue:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
This is the same kind of teaching I was under as A teen. This kind of stuff was drilled in me. Almost everyone else that was in my age group has completely turned from God because of this kind of teaching.
Now I still believe that the King James version is the only true word of God, but the rest of this stuff is just twisting God's Word to make it more hateful then it really is.
While I love the KJV and consider it to be one of the best examples of English literature, I don't think it should be considered the only true word of God. The original Hebrew and Greek versions for example that the KJV are translated from are more accurate than the KJV, for example.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
While I love the KJV and consider it to be one of the best examples of English literature, I don't think it should be considered the only true word of God. The original Hebrew and Greek versions for example that the KJV are translated from are more accurate than the KJV, for example.
True! And that's what I meant as well.

snichols1973

Reaction score
I have other Bible versions in my home: the NIV, NKJV, Amplified, et al. I believe that a Bible translation's worth should be based on its adherence to the authors' original intended message and consistency with the original Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek scriptures.

Keep in mind that the KJV was translated from the English vocabulary of the period, and that some of its words, even if they do seem rather archaic, were recorded to reflect the contemporary English patterns of the time when James I was monarch of Britain and how the English language had developed so far to that point, and still continues to evolve to this day.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
[Disclaimer: I will place a disclaimer before every post just to make extra sure that nobody think I'm personally attacking them for their voting choice. This rant is full of a lot of passion, but it's directed toward the absolutely dumbfounding feeling after Trump's recent and disgraceful press conference. People keep applauding this bad behavior. I don't get why he gets some exclusive pass to act this way.]

The Trump Rant to End All Rants (I Hope)

I’m usually a positive thinker, but like many of my friends, I haven’t been able to shake off the gloom since Election Day. We’ve had presidents I haven’t much liked before, but this is different. This feeling is not merely about politics or the long line of nightmarish and unqualified people he keeps appointing to his cabinet. Trumpers don’t seem to get that. He’s a Pandora’s Box of sexism, racism, homophobia and xenophobia, but it’s not that either. This megalomaniac won his campaign by name-calling and appealing to the worst parts of human nature, but has no self-awareness and can’t stomach an ounce of criticism. Not even that is the main reason.

Ever since Donald J. Trump began campaigning, he hasn’t stopped complaining. This brat won the election, yet the complaining has only increased. I don’t think he understands the job. The presidency is about being a parent to the nation and the world, even those you might not like, rather than a self-aggrandizing position of personal gain. It's not about giving endless rallies to adoring fans. Is this what we’ve become - one cheap and meaningless nation under a Twitter troll? He’s so irritated by the complaints of others while his own complaints outnumber everyone else’s. No screenwriter could make this up. It’s dumbfounding!

Every president faces criticism; some is fair, some is not, but we haven’t witnessed paranoid tantrums like this since Nixon. Even George W. Bush managed to put on his big boy pants when he talked to the press. A disgruntled man once threw a shoe at him at a press conference. He ducked, laughed it off and took it in stride like an adult would. I never thought I’d miss that. I don’t understand why people still like this bloated charlatan.

I suppose some folk are capable of looking over his many faults to get to the center of a Trump presidency, but that’s all he really is – a series of cringe-inducing faults. He’s an angry old white guy yelling at the television over a selfish ideology that should have been long dead. There is nothing more to him. He continues to show his true colors. There’s only one – a putrid, gold-plated shade of Trump. That’s his rainbow. Well, that and white.

We need a Commander in Chief, not a whiny little wuss. Trump truly is a spoiled, entitled man-child with an enormous, yet fragile ego. I suppose that’s because his sense of self-importance was never earned. His name appears atop buildings that he didn’t build and on products he didn’t produce. He is not a business success. He’s had three bankruptcies at the expense of taxpayers and built his business on cheating his employees out of payment. Trump is a known brand with absolutely no gravitas. He’s an empty hat that says, “Make America Great Again” that’s made in China.

I was taught that a substantive person takes responsibility their own actions and the consequences that come from them. Integrity and authenticity are not mutually exclusive values. Even decent people make mistakes every day. I haven’t heard Trump admit to even one error of judgement in his life. He professes his Christianity, yet proudly professes to never have asked God or man for forgiveness. That’s the central tenet to that particular religion, but the evangelical crowd turns a blind eye and embraces brand Trump anyway. He represents everything our country has traditionally loathed. It’s as if Trump has broken the heart of our nation, however I’m not sure a public that could vote for such a spiteful, belligerent and openly hateful person really has much of one in Trump’s America. This presidency isn’t just a loss of democrats or true republicans. It’s a loss for America and the world. His term hasn’t yet reached 100 days and his controversies are already reaching Nixonian levels. Sure, Trump lies to the press and the public on a daily basis. That’s proven fact and hates when anyone points out. The most disturbing person he’s lied to is his own vice president. Facts aren’t fungible and that one should make it clear to everyone that he’s completely untrustworthy.

I understand the need for change. Both Obama and Trump are two sides of that same coin. Gross, but true. I just wonder how long it’s going to take Trump supporters to realize that this was not the change he promised. He merely rebranded the swampland and made it even muckier. As for branded name-calling, Trump is good at that. He’s one of the best. He had republicans calling Cruz #LyingTed and even had Sanders supporters labeling Secretary Clinton as #CrookedHillary. That one really hurt. All the while, he was being underhanded and more crooked than either of them. I guess that sort of thing is the only way to get through to the public these days, so here are my brandings for our Name-Caller In Chief. Feel free to come up with a few of your own.
#EntitledTrump
#SpoiledTrump
#WhinyLitteWussTrump
#ManChildTrump
#FailureTrump
#WhiteNationalistSympathizerTrump

Last edited:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I have other Bible versions in my home: the NIV, NKJV, Amplified, et al. I believe that a Bible translation's worth should be based on its adherence to the authors' original intended message and consistency with the original Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek scriptures.

Keep in mind that the KJV was translated from the English vocabulary of the period, and that some of its words, even if they do seem rather archaic, were recorded to reflect the contemporary English patterns of the time when James I was monarch of Britain and how the English language had developed so far to that point, and still continues to evolve to this day.
I absolutely agree. I'm just one of those people that likes the Old English version better than the simmered-down new stuff, lol. I could care less over which one I'm reading from overall though.