And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Many get caught up in blaming one side or the other. For the left, it seems to blame President Trump for EVERYTHING, even things he has nothing to do with.
And how is this different from eight years of the right blaming Obama for things he had nothing to do with? White cops killing black people? Obama's fault. Mass shootings happening in schools, movie theaters, churches, and businesses? Obama's fault. Bristol Palin getting knocked up out of wedlock again? Obama's fault. Josh Duggar molesting his sisters as teenagers? Obama's fault (and yes, the right did blame Obama for those last two things).
he should get the credit. Just thought I'd turn the tables and give him a little credit. And give credit where credit is due. If the other side proposes something good, regardless of party affiliation, give them credit.
Trump may get blamed for things he had nothing to do with, but he also takes credit for things he didn't even do as well, so he's already got a little too much credit going for him right now.

In the meantime, if he ever does propose something good, sure, he can get credit, but he's yet to do anything good.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
And how is this different from eight years of the right blaming Obama for things he had nothing to do with? White cops killing black people? Obama's fault. Mass shootings happening in schools, movie theaters, churches, and businesses? Obama's fault. Bristol Palin getting knocked up out of wedlock again? Obama's fault. Josh Duggar molesting his sisters as teenagers? Obama's fault (and yes, the right did blame Obama for those last two things).
It's not. That was the point of the whole post. And stated in the very first sentence you quoted. Just because one side does it, doesn't make it right for the other side to do it. Two wrongs don't make a right. It's time to just stop with the whole blame thing and work on something constructive. And as I said in the original post, that goes for BOTH sides.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's a political cartoon that beautifully illustrates the reaction to Jimmy Kimmel sharing with the rest of the world about his newborn son's heart defects:

Yup. After Jimmy Kimmel gave an emotional monologue on his show about his newborn son's heart conditions, the GOP attacked him and accused him of using his celebrity status to push the liberal agenda, further proving the GOP includes the ugliest, nastiest, cruelest, coldest, and most heartless people in America.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So the Republicans in the House passed their version of a healthcare bill today. I'm not a big fan of the new bill as I'm afraid they are just replacing one bad healthcare bill with another bad healthcare bill. There's a few positive things in the new bill but also a bunch of stuff I disagree with. But what do the Dems in the House do as the Republicans announce the final vote? They start singing "Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye." as they are of the opinion that it will lead to some Republicans losing their seats. Really? Aren't there any grownups left in Washington anymore?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Here's a political cartoon that beautifully illustrates the reaction to Jimmy Kimmel sharing with the rest of the world about his newborn son's heart defects:

Yup. After Jimmy Kimmel gave an emotional monologue on his show about his newborn son's heart conditions, the GOP attacked him and accused him of using his celebrity status to push the liberal agenda, further proving the GOP includes the ugliest, nastiest, cruelest, coldest, and most heartless people in America.
Well, here's a good article about what was left out about Jimmy Kimmel's plea. While I believe that his plea was well-intentioned and meant to be non-political, it did fail to mention several things. We all agree, I think, that something needs to be done about making healthcare affordable. But the Republicans and Democrats have to quit playing the silly little political games and name calling and sit down and work something out TOGETHER!

I strongly suggest this article be read (and then read again) until it is understood how Obamacare is just as bad as anything the Republicans are proposing.

http://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/what-jimmy-kimmel-left-out-of-his-newborns-heart-surgery-story/

And if you doubt that Obamacare isn't leaving many people uninsured just about weekly, just this Wednesday in Virginia roughly 100k people lost (or will lose) their health care as Aetna and Innovation Health both said they are leaving the market for 2018. This follows announcements of insurance companies leaving Iowa, Tennessee, West Virginia, etc. If you doubt it, just google "insurance companies leaving Obamacare"

Obamacare, while well-intentioned, is destined to fail. Something needs to be done to fix it or replace it. The Republicans are trying to come up with something to take it's place. I'm not sure that makes them ugly, cruel, nasty, cold or heartless.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So the Republicans in the House passed their version of a healthcare bill today. I'm not a big fan of the new bill as I'm afraid they are just replacing one bad healthcare bill with another bad healthcare bill. There's a few positive things in the new bill but also a bunch of stuff I disagree with. But what do the Dems in the House do as the Republicans announce the final vote? They start singing "Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye." as they are of the opinion that it will lead to some Republicans losing their seats. Really? Aren't there any grownups left in Washington anymore?
After this joke of a "healthcare" bill, I am completely done with the Republicans. It's a tax break for the wealthy disguised as healthcare. They should be ashamed of their greed. I truly hope it is goodbye for them next year. And Trump should be ashamed of his ignorance and vanity.

And believe me, I haven't forgotten the Democrats' part in all this. Bernie should have been the one to face Trump. He didn't have Hillary's baggage, he wouldn't have been so universally hated. And he actually had a moral code. Hillary's only code was "I'm ambitious, please give me power." But Bernie was Independent, and the Democrats wanted to keep it in their little clique. Plus he talked about the dangers of classism, which the Democrats bizarrely viewed as a distraction from racism. And in their delusion, they actually thought Hillary was believable as an oppressed minority. Excuse me while I laugh out loud.

The Republicans are trying to come up with something to take it's place.
No, they're really not. They had seven years and clearly made no effort to come up with fixes or alternatives. All they cared about was beating the other party and keeping the 1% happy. They have utterly screwed the Middle class in this country, never mind the working class.

Both parties are comprised of nothing but traitors.

Last edited:

Censored

Reaction score
The conservative’s concept of the ideal healthcare plan: Costs of all medical services, such as medicine, surgery, and various procedures will be determined by the market value and what medical professionals wish to charge. Costs of insurance and who gets accepted will be determined completely by the insurance companies. Age, gender, and pre-existing conditions will affect cost and acceptance as the insurance company sees fit. Individuals who cannot afford the market value of direct medical costs or insurance should turn to family, friends, or private charity. If family, friends, or private charity are unable or unwilling to provide enough assistance needed to adequately meet medical needs, the logical course of Social Darwinism will be taking place where those who do not have the resources to survive will die off (as well they should since they cannot adequately contribute to society anyway). Those who do have the resources to survive will prosper (as well they should since they can contribute to society).

This is a right-wing healthcare plan in its purest form. Anything more generous than this will be labeled a “bad plan” by the far right.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This entire healthcare bill thing was a stupid idea. Obamacare, while not perfect, wasn't the disaster some Republicans made it out to be. They shouldn't have been fighting to repeal it all together, they should've devised a plan to gradually fix the parts of the Affordable Care Act that weren't working, and keeping the parts that did work.
And believe me, I haven't forgotten the Democrats' part in all this. Bernie should have been the one to face Trump. He didn't have Hillary's baggage, he wouldn't have been so universally hated. And he actually had a moral code. Hillary's only code was "I'm ambitious, please give me power." But Bernie was Independent, and the Democrats wanted to keep it in their little clique. Plus he talked about the dangers of classism, which the Democrats bizarrely viewed as a distraction from racism. And in their delusion, they actually thought Hillary was believable as an oppressed minority. Excuse me while I laugh out loud.
Here's my thing though: Hillary still beat Bernie in a bunch of states. How do we know he wouldn't have lost to Trump either way?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's my thing though: Hillary still beat Bernie in a bunch of states. How do we know he wouldn't have lost to Trump either way?
You're right, I don't know. I just do, in part, blame Hillary's baggage for a lot of voters turning to Trump, when they wouldn't have otherwise.