And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can see both sides of the argument: again, on the one hand, it really did take Obama till the beginning of his second term to finish cleaning up the mess Bush left behind, so that gives you an idea of just how it can take a president (or someone in Office) a long time to get things done, so in a sense, I can see why three months could be a bit too soon to be done giving Trump chances.

On the other hand, again, Trump didn't inherit a mess like he continues to claim he has, and while Obama worked to improve the country and the American people, Trump's top priority continues to be, well, Trump, and I really see no effort coming from him in even trying to do anything for the country or the American people - and knowing the kind of person he was before he ran for president, I really don't see him trying to make an effort anytime soon. Even before he Inauguration Day, he pretty much said (without coming right out and saying it) that he really only wanted to be a part-time president, and he's certainly proven that so far with his weekend vacations and golf games, and spending more time traveling the country and campaigning (for 2020) than in the White House, where all he does is sign Executive Orders reversing everything Obama did to help the country.

So, yeah, there are two sides to the argument, and both sides are valid . . . but nevertheless. . . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I can see both sides of the argument: again, on the one hand, it really did take Obama till the beginning of his second term to finish cleaning up the mess Bush left behind, so that gives you an idea of just how it can take a president (or someone in Office) a long time to get things done, so in a sense, I can see why three months could be a bit too soon to be done giving Trump chances.

On the other hand, again, Trump didn't inherit a mess like he continues to claim he has, and while Obama worked to improve the country and the American people, Trump's top priority continues to be, well, Trump, and I really see no effort coming from him in even trying to do anything for the country or the American people - and knowing the kind of person he was before he ran for president, I really don't see him trying to make an effort anytime soon. Even before he Inauguration Day, he pretty much said (without coming right out and saying it) that he really only wanted to be a part-time president, and he's certainly proven that so far with his weekend vacations and golf games, and spending more time traveling the country and campaigning (for 2020) than in the White House, where all he does is sign Executive Orders reversing everything Obama did to help the country.

So, yeah, there are two sides to the argument, and both sides are valid . . . but nevertheless. . . .
He only said he wanted to be part time after he won. Before hand, he said he'd always be working for the American people. So, he's pretty much filled with BS. And the pre-election Trump would totally troll president Trump for being an incompetent slacker.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He only said he wanted to be part time after he won.
I said before Inauguration Day (when he was sworn in); this was also when it was said that Melania and Barron would not be moving into the White House until after Barron finished his current semester in school (after Melania claimed her first order of business as First Lady would be to personally tackle cyber bullying) . . . even though now they're saying that won't move in till the fall.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Trump is now saying that once he became "president," that automatically gave him immunity, so nobody can sue him for anything that he does.

I guess that explains why he's clearly breaking so many laws - such as hiring Ivanka to be part of his staff, despite that being illegal - and getting away with them.

And apparently, he's going to be visiting the Queen of Englang, and is demanding to be driven around in a gold carriage with her.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So Trump is now saying that once he became "president," that automatically gave him immunity, so nobody can sue him for anything that he does.

I guess that explains why he's clearly breaking so many laws - such as hiring Ivanka to be part of his staff, despite that being illegal - and getting away with them.

And apparently, he's going to be visiting the Queen of Englang, and is demanding to be driven around in a gold carriage with her.
Are things really that bad?

Oscarfan

Reaction score

I don't think the Ivanka thing is actually against the law. It's a definite conflict of interest so that's why such a thing is often avoided.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I said before Inauguration Day (when he was sworn in); this was also when it was said that Melania and Barron would not be moving into the White House until after Barron finished his current semester in school (after Melania claimed her first order of business as First Lady would be to personally tackle cyber bullying) . . . even though now they're saying that won't move in till the fall.
That argument isn't valid since his campaign promises were the opposite of that. He should be held to his promises; not his last minute statements before being sworn in. This is dangerous territory. People tend to favor symmetry, so unequal stances are given the equal treatment. This is a matter of facts rather than of opinions. Trump and his supporters continue to "retcon" things every time previous statements don't match current stances. Trump's values and stances are as fungible as Obama's infamous "red line".