And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Trump is a weak, narcissistic, dramatic wuss. He claimed today that the US military was his. No, you idiot. They serve the country, not the president. Anyone who respects the troops should be angry with him today. Tired of his apologetic sycophants. They're about as intelligent as a school-age kid mimicking their parents' views. Well, that's not true. I was raised by conservatives and was much more politically aware than most folks were at a young age. That's much more than the average adult Trump voter. They're motivated by anger over facts. Gawd, I just can't suffer fools. Mark my words. It won't be the dems that do Trump in. It'll be the republicans with metaphorical torches and pitchforks. Hahaha! Until then, I can state the facts, but just won't argue with stupidity.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This is why we can't have nice things:

Just a friendly reminder, guys. There is a big difference between personal attacks about actual forum members and remarking about the character of public figures or folk in general. There's a lot of anger in the world and that's justified, but directly attacking other members by name isn't what this forum is about. Nearly everyone has overlooked that at one time or another, but it's becoming a widespread habit. I ask that MC forum members (including everybody and me) please take that into account before posting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jamie has touched on this before, but Trump supporters are still doing these things, even to this day:

1. They still continue to say, "Just give him a chance." How much longer are we supposed to "give him a chance"? Granted, the country didn't really start to get back on track until the beginning of Obama's second term when he was in Office . . . but unlike Obama, Trump hasn't inherited a mess that needed be cleaned up, and basically, all he's done so far is undo everything Obama's done to improve the country after Bush left it in a shambles. . . . So, I mean, between bombing and bullying other countries, making more enemies for us across the globe, breaking the law, conflicting his interests, and screwing our own people over . . . how much longer are we obligated to still "give him a chance"?

2. They still complain about Hillary. Like Jamie said, she lost ("bigly"), she's not in Office, and she's not running for any public office ever again; for all intents and purposes, she's pretty much out of the public eye now, so why continue to complain what warped things she would have done had she won?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
1. They still continue to say, "Just give him a chance." How much longer are we supposed to "give him a chance"? Granted, the country didn't really start to get back on track until the beginning of Obama's second term when he was in Office . . . but unlike Obama, Trump hasn't inherited a mess that needed be cleaned up, and basically, all he's done so far is undo everything Obama's done to improve the country after Bush left it in a shambles. . . . So, I mean, between bombing and bullying other countries, making more enemies for us across the globe, breaking the law, conflicting his interests, and screwing our own people over . . . how much longer are we obligated to still "give him a chance"?
Three months is a pretty small time. People keep harping on why they shouldn't give him a chance, well guess what, the guy is president. The term has only just begun. He's not been that great but still, give him a frickin' chance.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I give him credit for trying to do something decent by donating his first three month's salary to the National Parks Service. . . .

Though, for somebody who claims to be a billionaire, it seems to me like he would make more in three months than $78,000, or whatever it was. But then again, that's more than what so people make in an entire year, so who am I to talk?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Three months is a pretty small time. People keep harping on why they shouldn't give him a chance, well guess what, the guy is president. The term has only just begun. He's not been that great but still, give him a frickin' chance.
See, this is where I become confused. Give him a chance to do what, exactly? Remove equal rights job protections? He's done that. De-fund women's health services? He's trying to do that. Speak up about human rights abuses when Chechnya sends gay men to concentration camps? He could make a statement at any time about that between holes while golfing, but nope. He's not just bad, he's dreadful. His supporters keep telling others to give him a chance. My reply is an emphatic NO! He's the one who claimed that he'd have more done by now and that he'd barely leave the White House because he'd be too busy doing his job. He behaves as someone who doesn't want this gig. Trump talked a good game to his supporters, but has delivered nothing but disappointment to them. At this point, there should be more anger, but I don't really care because each day brings a half dozen blunders that brings him closer to republican-led impeachment. All of that aside, what would Trump have said about Trump the President at this point? If his supporters were being honest about that question, they'd admit that he'd have been the harshest critic of all. :wink: So, are we to give him a chance that he wouldn't have given himself?

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
:smile:Actually, yes. Politics and partisanship aside, this is what I say to Trump supporters:

How much of a chance would Trump the Tweeting candidate have given Trump the president? :embarrassed:

The only honest answer is - none. He'd have been more brutal about his own administration than his harshest critic. :sleep: :boo:

We're American citizens. Whether anyone likes it or not, Trump works for us. All of us. And we deserve the best. Speaking truth to power is how country began and I'm be darned if anyone tries to belittle that or rob us of our birthright. :grr:

It is unreasonable for Trump supporters to expect us to give him latitude that Trump wouldn't have given himself. :oops:

I'm not a religious person, but I recognize this weekend represents grace and forgiveness. While labeling him "The Orange Menace" is petty humor, holding our president accountable for his continued blunders, particularly while he's brazenly playing chicken with North Korea and their nuclear arms, is not a lack of grace. It's imperative. At this time, it is my hope that Trump will look into his own, self-proclaimed "Christian" heart and find a way to humble himself enough to find compromises that will bring the country together. :halo:

His presidency depends upon his finding grace for others and treating them with dignity and respect, regardless of how he feels that he's been treated. He's supposed to be the leader. He's supposed to be the adult in the room, but even his supporters treat him as they would a problematic toddler. It's time people stop trying to clean up his messes or excuse his tantrums. He will not learn to be the leader this nation needs if his supporters don't allow him to be accountable. :attitude: