And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
NOTHING even compares to using chemical weapons!!! There is a reason they've been banned since World War I.
Your right, and that is why America did what we did.

Russia was supposed to get rid of Syria's chemical weapons. There was some sort of deal that was made back in 2013. It is now 2017 and Syria still has and is using them.
This is not like when Bush thought there where Weapons of mass destruction. There is actuall proof that they do and they are not afraid to use them.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
You are just making a fool of yourself. Fire extinguisher are just a tad different then chemical weapons and sarin. I find it hard to believe that you (or anyone) are actually this misinformed. You have got to be fishing for attention now, right?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Wow dose anyone else agree with D'sowth on this?
I don't know how any rational person could. There's an old saying, "When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging." I would suggest to D'Snowth that he heed this advice.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm gonna say this again: if Drumpf bombing Syria because they were killing their own people was, "The right thing to do," then by that very logic, any other country out there should have a right to bomb us for killing our own people: all these aggressive white cops that have been killing unarmed black people without provocation.

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.
I get where you're coming from and agree that there's systematic racism in the police force. I'm not sure if I'd make that exact comparison. The greater argument is that Trump's not putting America first like he said he would.

The most glaring hypocrisy from Trump and his supporters is that there have been many deadlier attacks in Syria that killed many, many more people, but Trump was adamant that Obama not take action. He didn't just disagree with taking action, he hammered that point home over and over again on Twitter. Now he's done a complete 180 degree turn on that opinion. The other ick factor of Trump is how he kept turning the heinous attack in Syria into something about him. Friggin' narcissist. I honestly don't know what the right course of action should be on Syria.

The thing that bothers me is that Trump didn't go to congress for permission. This is the very reason why we have checks and balances. Presidents cannot make unilateral decisions of this nature. Also, nobody knows his strategy. I don't buy this "secret strategy" bullcrap. He also had a super secret strategy about healthcare and we now know that was a complete lie. But his supporters behave as ostriches and bury their heads in the sand. Asinine and juvenile. Nonetheless, I'd feel much better about this reprisal if this administration really had any strategy. It's clear they don't.

I'm just going to call this for what it is. Trump supporters are like smokers. They've heard the solid evidence against what they're doing, but they have brand loyalty, enough friends to join them and are in complete denial.

On another note, one of my Jewish friends once told me that the meaning of "eye for an eye" in his faith is much different than the typical Christian interpretation. His claim is that in Judaism, if you put out someone's eyes, it is your responsibility to see for them now. It's about responsibility. Kind of beautiful (except for the eye gouging part, of course).

newsmanfan

Reaction score
The other disturbing thing about the missile launch on Syria: the Russians were warned, and they may have then warned the Syrians (whom they've been selling arms to for years). Our strike hit only half the intended targets, left the airfield usable, etc. So...we wasted several millions of dollars' worth of Tomahawk missiles for what amounts to a publicity stunt by Trump. Most likely to draw attention away from how hideously unqualified Gorusch is for the Supreme Court and from the continuing sketchy deals made by Trump's family and the entire administration's Russian ties.

This is very, very poorly done sleight-of-hand. Unfortunately I have to agree with Jamie: smokers are a perfect analogy for any American still supporting Trump.