And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Thank you! Somebody else gets it.

My brother and mom have been arguing on this a lot and my brother (who voted for Trump) is constantly trying to justify Trump as the stronger choice because of his policies, which he believes made him better than Hillary. He said the horrid actions didn't affect him as a candidate because the election isn't about who he is as a person.

He fails to recognize that those two things - personality and ideas - are not mutually exclusive. He's not just an idea man, he's a leader. Leaders set examples. I would not follow this guy to the ends of the earth.
The thing is, Trump really doesn't have policies. The only thing he's really done is sign executive orders - most of them he doesn't even appear to comprehend. Not a wise man. A hot head in the White House is not a good idea. In my estimation, Trump has shown much contempt for the truth. All politicians have to some extent, yet he is immature and has no experience. I will never understand why that is a selling point. I guess his thoughtlessness appears like anti-intellectualism to some folk and that makes them feel smarter. Reel Time featured a Muslim Trump voter and Trump apologist this weekend. It was odd. She reported to having a "Trump translator" in her brain. Whatever he says, she knows what he really means. That's the problem right now. We have people going on feelings and what they think rather than actual facts or Trump's actual words. It's bizarre and naive.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
CNN is bias news.
[Disclaimer - I will use these disclaimers nearly every time I post to make sure nothing seems like a personal attack. These are honest and upfront questions and ideas instead of rhetoric. Civil discussion of ideas is what interests me.] :smile:

So. is Fox News biased news too? A lot of news appears to be left leaning because more left leaning folk are attracted to the field. The same is with entertainment. It's not all of it, but it is a lot. That does not mean they don't put safeguards in place to try to combat that. It's why real news folk are college trained. It's not like they just get these folk from central casting. Hehe. MSNBC is actually the network that's more comparable to Fox News' bias. And if there's been any real conflict of interest with CNN, it's been in hiring talking heads on the Trump payroll - one who certainly was still working on the campaign at the time. That's unprecedented. It's easy to just make a blanket statement, but you've got to pinpoint the incidents. That's what the news networks and newspapers have been doing. Well, the more reputable ones.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
[Disclaimer - I will use these disclaimers nearly every time I post to make sure nothing seems like a personal attack. These are honest and upfront questions and ideas instead of rhetoric. Civil discussion of ideas is what interests me.] :smile:

So. is Fox News biased news too? A lot of news appears to be left leaning because more left leaning folk are attracted to the field. The same is with entertainment. It's not all of it, but it is a lot. That does not mean they don't put safeguards in place to try to combat that. It's why real news folk are college trained. It's not like they just get these folk from central casting. Hehe. MSNBC is actually the network that's more comparable to Fox News' bias. And if there's been any real conflict of interest with CNN, it's been in hiring talking heads on the Trump payroll - one who certainly was still working on the campaign at the time. That's unprecedented. It's easy to just make a blanket statement, but you've got to pinpoint the incidents. That's what the news networks and newspapers have been doing. Well, the more reputable ones.
Fox News is just as biased. Pretty much everything is biased these days really. Can't remember a single news thing I saw that was not biased. The only things I remember that weren't biased were my home newspaper, where they asked people to give their opinions on the candidates without giving their own thoughts with them, and Reader's Digest, where they compared not the candidates, not their policies. Other than that - reporters need to go back to journal school.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Sorry for the triple post. But here's a really telling article from a center-right leaning paper. I usually believe in using my words, but from our Name Caller in Chief deserves the label of moron. These are his own words. HIS! Link:

Trump: 'Nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated'

The press isn't his problem. Trump needs to get out of his own way. Gah! You know who knew how complicated healthcare is? EVERYBODY IN CONGRESS, POLITICS, EVERY PRESIDENT EVER AND EVERYONE WHO ISN'T A RICH, ENTITLED BRAT. Sorry for the caps, but my god, this is epic stupidity. He was on the campaign trail saying how he's have this easily dealt with. Um...not so. This is why we don't vote just anybody into the office.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Fox News is just as biased. Pretty much everything is biased these days really. Can't remember a single news thing I saw that was not biased. The only things I remember that weren't biased were my home newspaper, where they asked people to give their opinions on the candidates without giving their own thoughts with them, and Reader's Digest, where they compared not the candidates, not their policies. Other than that - reporters need to go back to journal school.
I disagree. There's a lot more faux news out there than their used to be, but not most or even all of it. That's a long-used deceptive tactic that's employed to muddy the waters in order to make truth appear to be relative. The fact that Trump's leading this charge is equally telling. He won't even answer specifics about Russia. We're waiting. He'd be demanding an answer if it had been Hillary Clinton's controversy. This is worrisome. The problem isn't as much with the news as it is critical thinking and comprehending by the public. We've become addicted to the cult of personality - not important things, the truth or facts. Few folks actually read beyond a headline or watch beyond a soundbite. They just take stuff and run with it - like Trump did with the clumsy story about Sweden on Fox News. In the words of Trump: SAD! :frown:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is that Mushmouth's real name?

(I never watched the show, so I wouldn't know. Or really care.)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
He fails to recognize that those two things - personality and ideas - are not mutually exclusive. He's not just an idea man, he's a leader. Leaders set examples. I would not follow this guy to the ends of the earth.
That is a good point, a leader needs to inspire the best in people. Trump on the other hand has gone along with this bitter, bullying trend in society. Along with that Milo guy. I get it, at first he's refreshing because he's not into political correctness and supports free speech, etc. But once you get past that, the guy is just plain cruel. And that's not what we need. That's an abuse of free speech.