An ultimate Muppet database

beaker

Reaction score
I think I used to bug phil back in 1998 a lot with a 'so whens a comprehensive muppet database gonan come online?' but four years later, i am still hoping to one day come on here and see a link to a insanely big muppet character database. imagine...
from chicken liver to mo frackle, a list of every single muppet character...and when ya click on their name, a description, some info, and possibly a pic? oh man!

Luke

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea - maybe Kermitage is planning this, with the access Michael has to the archives it might be easy. I hope it comes about somewhere someday !

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cory,

This is something I've wanted to do since the site began as well. We announced that a profiles section is being worked on a few weeks ago. The character profiles will develop and roll-out in correspondence with our Muppet Show episode guides.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Your wish will probably come true. It could take five years for a site to do this, though...these people have lives, you know. If they had no jobs and nothing to do, maybe they could...but then they couldn't afford high-speed Internet, a personal server, and a fast computer.

Ernie101

Reaction score
yes i hope to see that in the future here!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Database

Hey guys, I heard that you're trying to get an ultimate Muppet Database as part of this website. I agree that such a section would be immensely invaluable. To that end, I have the beginnings of a massive character list compiled of all the characters I remember of from my days of watching Muppet programming. Because its a total of almost 290 characters, I'm not sure if I should post it or not, and of course some names need a little bit of correction. Should I go ahead and post my character list or not? BTW: Everybody please go and check out a thread called The Count's Grand Muppet Party in the General Discussion section of the forums. I really need everybody's help and suggestions to make this thread flourish.
Have a great summer, The Count.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Count,

Click on the e-mail link below and we can correspond further. Thanks.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>This is something I've wanted to do since the site began as well. We announced that a profiles section is being worked on a few weeks ago. The character profiles will develop and roll-out in correspondence with our Muppet Show episode guides.<<<

oh i know:wink: the old henson.com had an obscure one(which even said sam the eagle has kids?) my diea was that different people be assigned to different canon related lists, and then when they are done, to all be converged on some massive database. ie: some take on fr, tms of course...but also jhh, muppets tonight!, sesame street, etc.

Luke

Reaction score
Thats a cool idea Cory - as long as it all ended up in the same format and layout. If someone wanted to start it up it might be a good idea for a 'database' site of it's own although seems a few websites are announcing 'plans' to do this kinda thing already. I think an info resource of shows and characters (independant of any fan site) is much needed - i guess that should really be something that Henson do as part of Henson.com but seeing as they aren't ...........

statnwaldorf

Reaction score
Cory
'so whens a comprehensive muppet database gonan come online?' but four years later, i am still hoping to one day come on here and see a link to a insanely big muppet character database.

Are you happy now? :wink: Although it's not totally complete, there is much more to come including individual bios for major characters, style sheet pictures and more!

Luke
I think this is a great idea - maybe Kermitage is planning this, with the access Michael has to the archives it might be easy. I hope it comes about somewhere someday !

www.kermitage.com will have similiar character and ep guides to each of the major shows and specials alongside detailed information on all aspects of the Muppets and Henson as well as, of course, the Collectibles guide.

Count
Because its a total of almost 290 characters, I'm not sure if I should post it or not, and of course some names need a little bit of correction

If anyone has any corrections, additions or other information please email webmaster@kermitage.com

Mar