An MC Family Member Really Needs our Help! URGENT!!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
An old friend of the forum @dwmckim has been going through a rough time.

This is the message that they posted on another thread:
"After being so excited and doing a lot of spreading the news and helping promote Muppet Guys Talking, i logged on at 3am on the 16th and was absolutely gutted to discover the Below Stage Pass package that fans were given zero forewarning about and was just just suckerpunched in the gut that there's no way i could afford it. I went through my severe depression/suicidal phase most of the day and the day after...but now i'm trying a last ditch effort to see if i can raise the funds with the very very short window left.

I'm going out on a street corner and singing Muppet songs with a hat at my feet for people to drop donations it. Well...virtually at least.

On my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mupp.freek you'll see i did a live concert last night of Muppet songs. I'm hoping people can visit and then make a donation to my paypal at dw_m@webtv.net I doubt anyone would wish to subject themselves to the full 3 video 26-song concert, so in the comments section for each, i listed the set list and approx times each song begins so you can go directly to your favorites to see if i kill them or butcher them.

This was a very hard and humiliating thing to do as i've very deliberately stayed away from singing in front of others for at least 12 years. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and i can't be a desperate housewife since i'm neither a wife nor have a house so this is the best i could do. Helping spread the word and the link address to those who might be likely to donate would help a lot too.

Please help - AND HURRY - 3/21's the deadline."

So, what do you say guys? Can we help 'em?

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
How much is he trying to raise? And what would he be getting?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
*sigh* I don't have access to the backstage vip pass, but I would be more then happy to share the documentary with him, or anyone for that matter.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
How much is he trying to raise? And what would he be getting?
From the ToughPiggies:
"the 'Below Stage Pass', which costs a whopping $97!!! (A price that will presumably go up to $197 after March 21st.) This VIP pass will get you the film, access to live Hangouts with the cast, recordings of those Hangouts (in case you’re unable to watch live), the ability to submit questions to the performers, and bonus deleted outtakes from the film."

This is something that I think would really lift his spirits a bit, plus I want to see if we really can raise the money within a couple of days. There are at least a few hundred people that view this website every day, I think between those hundreds of people we could raise a hundred bucks.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Depression/suicide over not getting the backstage pass of Muppet Guys Talking? Isn't this kind of childish? You know, there are people out there with real problems who can't afford to feed their family, and this guy's gonna come on here crying in such dramatic fashion over entertainment? This really irritated me.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Right I'm gonna be honest.WHAT THE ACTUAL LIVING F*CK by understanding this guy is considered killing himself because Bonus footage of a documentary about muppets is a bit expensive. I can't afford it but I'm not considering killing myself over it and @Blue Frackle is spot on. I see little kids with incurable cancers everytime I have a hospital appointment and they are true fighters.

"And it will cheer his spirts up" f*ck off. I'm not self pittying at all but I HAD MY 4TH STROKE LAST WEDNESDAY AND YOU DON'T SEE ME ASKING FOR A 100 DOLLARS OF PEOPLE'S WELL EARNED CASH JUST SO I CAN WATCH 15 MORE MINUTES IF FRANK OZ

This is BULLSH*T MAN YOUR NOT F*CKING TAKING MY MONEY. IF HE NEEDED CHEMOTHERAPY I GIVE IT TO HIM, IF HE NEEDED TO PAY FOR SOMEONE'S TREATMENT OR SOMETHING SERIOUS I WOULD PAY UP BUT NO THIS HAS REALLY F*CKING ANNOYED ME TOO