An idea for a new Muppet movie

Whataday

Reaction score
Hi, I've been reading this site for a while, but this is the first time I've posted.

I've been thinking about a plot for the next movie, and it's more difficult that it would first appear. It needs to be something which showcase the personalities of each of the main Muppets, perhaps a collection of sketches cleverly linked together.

Then it dawned on me:

ALICE IN MUPPETLAND - Based on Alice In Wonderland. I just think it's the perfect story for the Muppets to perform. I think it would have a real person playing Alice, but everyone else being Muppets. Just imagine Miss Piggy as The Queen Of Hearts, and Bean Bunny as The White Rabbit. Perhaps Gonzo, Fozzie and Rizzo could be the three characters at the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

Anyone think it's a good idea? I'm trying to think of who would play what. In particular, I'm not sure what role Kermit could play.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I don't know if you know this but you have more or less descriped the cast in the TMS episode with Brooke Shields.

Gonzo was the mad hatter
Piggy the queen
Rizzo was at the teaparty
Floyd was the catapiller
And Fozzie was the Tinman (he thought they did the wizzard of oz)

Whataday

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
I don't know if you know this but you have more or less descriped the cast in the TMS episode with Brooke Shields.

Gonzo was the mad hatter
Piggy the queen
Rizzo was at the teaparty
Floyd was the catapiller
And Fozzie was the Tinman (he thought they did the wizzard of oz)

I've never seen the Brooke Shields episode, so I wasn't aware of that.

See, my idea's so good, they've already done it! :big_grin: Great minds think alike. Seriously though, I still think it would make a good feature length movie.

Whataday

Reaction score
Ok ok! Don't rub it in. I get the picture, it's been done before! :smile:

How about this for an idea:

STAR CROSSED MUPPETS - Based on Romeo & Juliet
Kermit - Romeo
Miss Piggy - Juliet
Fozzie - Mercutio
Gonzo - Benvolio

I can just see it now "You can't marry him, he's a frog and you're a pig! Think of the genetics."

It would also be good to see Kermit and Fozzie back as buddies. Perhaps it's a bit dark for a Muppet movie, but it could easily be adapted.

Please don't tell me that's been done before! :big_grin: