An idea for a Muppet Show episode!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST: HARRY CONNICK, JR.

OPENING THEME

Kermit comes out and introduces the opening number.

OPENING NUMBER: Simon the Soundman (of "Sesame Street" fame) sings "If I Were A Bell" to a pink female Anything Muppet, complete with appropriate sound effects in place of words.

STATLER: D'ya think that guy can sound like a bomb?
WALDORF: Wouldn't be the first one on this stage!
BOTH: DOHHHHH, ho ho ho...

BACKSTAGE: Miss Piggy tries to con Harry Connick, Jr. into singing "It Had To Be You" for herself and Kermit. Kermit, of course, tells Harry not to.

GUEST STAR: Harry Connick, Jr. sings "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" onstage to Miss Piggy, who was expecting "It Had To Be You". Piggy slowly gets furious as the song progresses.

SWEDISH CHEF: In honor of New Orleans native Harry Connick, Jr.'s appearance, the Swedish Chef tries to make gumbo. However, his ingredients (the shellfish) overpower him and throw a Mardi Gras-style bash in his kitchen.

Harry Connick, Jr. and Floyd play and sing "Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans?".

STATLER: You know, they call New Orleans "Sin City"...
WALDORF: Yeah, and Harry Connick, Jr. committed a showbiz sin!
STATLER: What's that?
WALDORF: He agreed to do this show!
BOTH: DOOOOHHH, ho ho ho...

VETERINARIAN'S HOSPITAL: Dr. Bob, Nurse Janice, and Nurse Piggy operate on Zoot, who just wants to get to his gig.

TALK SPOT: Harry Connick, Jr. and Kermit, with interference from an enraged Miss Piggy.

MUPPET LABS: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew develops a new kind of plant (that slightly resembles Lanford from "Fraggle Rock") who develops a crush on Beaker.

CLOSING NUMBER: Harry Connick, Jr. plays "With Imagination, I'll Get There" with the Electric Mayhem.

END OF SHOW/CLOSING CREDITS

Closing Statler & Waldorf comments:
WALDORF: Well, think you'll get there with imagination, Statler?
STATLER: You mean to the exit? I imagine I'm there whenever the show starts!
BOTH: DOHHHH, ho ho ho...

Luke

Reaction score
Thats really cool - love it - you oughta write the full script and put it on the MC pages.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I also had sort of an idea for Zoot in Vet's Hospital- they treat him for amnesia.

"If he forgets what sketch he's in the better for all of us!"

Sam the Eagle in Vet's Hospital would be wonderful too.

Perhaps one where they've got a big monster who eats objects, and the nurses, when Dr. Bob isn't looking (of course, now that I think of it, it sounds like a straight rehash of the Sherlock Holmes sketch.)

As per the other post, ya might wanna slip a UK Spot right before that Talk Spot.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

kathy26

Reaction score
who appear in the goodnights of this episode?