An Animatronic Talking Book

deadmanfx

Reaction score
Hey Guys! I have a question for ya. I am wanting to know if you guys know of any reference pics to an animatronic book? Talking book, ect.. I wanted to ask the masses seeing as you are all out there in it. Thanks Mr.Deadman :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central.

Are you wanting to know if a talking book is in a particular Henson production or are you just curious if Henson has ever created an animatronic book for any of their productions?

One doesn't immediately come to my mind, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one somewhere.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't know if it was animatronic or not, but there was a talking book in some Disney Channel show that was live action and starred Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I don't know of anything else where there was a talking book.

I had a talking hamster once, but my dog ate it. :frown:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I don't think that was a Creature Shop job. I remember seeing the series, but I have no idea who did it.

Not sure if this helps, but Steve Axtell's company Axtell Expressions has made giant talking books. They even have a sort of "how-to" here.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Its from 'Sing Me A Story With Belle', I think Peter Linz performed Harmony the cat in that series.

see ya

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Assuming it was shot in Orlando for Disney, the book was probably done by one of the puppet/prop building shops in Florida. There are a couple that Disney regularly uses.