"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

unclematt

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Its not really reality TV. It is a show parodying them. Making fun of, if you will. Its not real.
I think it is a semi-spoof. I think there really is a new muppet to be choosen by the American people, which I am okay with.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Even though some new characters have been built to compete to be americas next muppet, I still hope that they all get to appear in future productions. The Jim Henson Hour only had a small number of new characters who were used regularly in other productions, and Muppets Tonight had more who reappeared but the amount of characters who have returned seems to have been reduced recently (and there are some muppets tonight characters, mainly Seymour and Nigel The Director, who I am disapointed over the fact that they weren't used again).

I think that these new muppets are performed by newer performers, or ones that don't have many regular characters. That way, they can all interact with any classic character and the shows producers wouldn't have to worry about dubbing voices or anything. Maybe John Kennedy, Tyler Bunch, Ricky Boyd, John Tartiglia, Drew Massey, and Alice Dennon Vernon should all have a character of their own (and yes, I do know that most of them have performed at least one classic character, especially in The Muppets Wizard of Oz). Maybe Eric jacopson should get an original character of his own as well.

I wonder if any already-built characters (like a penguin or a frog) would be used as a "contestant", but with a name and a personality (and possibly some new visual features).

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Maybe this is a chance for Seymore the Elephant to make a triumphant return?? I mean, should he make it through the auditions!

OH, and you know what would be great as heck? If Wayne and Wanda appeared in the program each week (because they're persistent little boogers)!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I do hope that Disney will listen to and concider our thoughts on bringing back oldies more than creating newbies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Maybe this is a chance for Seymore the Elephant to make a triumphant return?? I mean, should he make it through the auditions!

OH, and you know what would be great as heck? If Wayne and Wanda appeared in the program each week (because they're persistent little boogers)!
Maybe it would be good if a show was done where old, forgotten muppet characters audition for a second chance as a major character. George, Hilda, Seymour, Nigel The Conductor, Nigel The Director, Digit, Leon, wayne, Wanda, and Mildred could all audition. Uncle Deadley and Lips would also be good choices. It would also be cool if they rebuilt Thog for something like this.

wes

Reaction score
I found this on the puppeteers of America web buliten board, I was siked. I called and they are wanting people to impersonate the classic muppet charactors, which i think means exactly what we have been thinking!
They want to outsource the Muppets
Call the number and listen to it. :boo: :concern: :cry:

Posted 08/10/05
I wanted to share with you an exciting opportunity for puppeteers to audition as understudies for classic Muppet characters. Auditions will be held in New York, Los Angeles and Toronto. Dates and locations are being finalized and should be available in the next few weeks. Additionally, we are running an ad in the next issue of the Puppetry Journal. If anyone has questions, please refer them to call the Muppet Hotline at 407-828-1087.
Muppeteer Auditions

http://www.puppeteers.org/bb.html

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Maybe it would be good if a show was done where old, forgotten muppet characters audition for a second chance as a major character. George, Hilda, Seymour, Nigel The Conductor, Nigel The Director, Digit, Leon, wayne, Wanda, and Mildred could all audition. Uncle Deadley and Lips would also be good choices. It would also be cool if they rebuilt Thog for something like this.

You said Nigel twice.

unclematt

Reaction score
BEAR said:
You said Nigel twice.
Two different Muppets. Nigel the conductor is from the original Muppet Show while Nigel the Director is from Muppets Tonight

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Its not really reality TV. It is a show parodying them. Making fun of, if you will. Its not real.
Provided people remember that it's a spoof, this will work well.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Two different Muppets. Nigel the conductor is from the original Muppet Show while Nigel the Director is from Muppets Tonight
And to further help any possible confusion: Nigel the Director from Muppets Tonight looks like Droop did on The Muppet Show.