"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
"America’s Next Muppet” will be used as a small assessment by The Muppet Holding Company and ABC to see if the Muppets can survive in today’s television market. If “America’s Next Muppet” attracts a crowd, the Muppets may be looking at another entirely new, full-time TV-show in the near future.
As sick as some people are of reality TV, I hope they realize this IS a spoof and will tune in to help boost the ratings. I just wish they were doing some other kind of series rather than spoofing reality TV. There's so much more that could be done with The Muppets.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It will be nice to see the Muppets being themselves for once... I hope this will be good, I have some very serious doubts, but I'll remain optimistic. :smile: :concern: :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
As sick as some people are of reality TV, I hope they realize this IS a spoof and will tune in to help boost the ratings. I just wish they were doing some other kind of series rather than spoofing reality TV. There's so much more that could be done with The Muppets.
Agreed fully. Personally, I just had something giving me hope in the back of my mind that Muppet Oz was the worst thing they could do with them.... now, I'm not too hopeful. I mean, they did release Muppets season 1, and have that wonderful Movies.com Statler and Waldorf series, but this... doesn't work for me. Kinda scared, actually....
:sleep: :boo:

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Sounds great to me. I really like the idea of having the audience interactive with it and allow them to vote. I hope they can make that work.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I suppose we should give it a chance. After all, it may be the funniest thing to hit TV!

Luke

Reaction score
I think it'll be fantastic, the premise sounds great. I actually would have prefferred them auditioning real puppeteers with their own new muppet characters rather than them spoofing it but it'll probably be funnier this way. Jumping on the reality TV bandwagon isnt a bad idea right now because a lot of people will be watching and talking about it even though they aren't Muppet fans.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Sounds good! I'm looking forward to it!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, me too. I'm actually pretty excited. It sounds like it's going to be really fun. Gotta buy a new blank tape for the occasion. :wink:

bedbugjones

Reaction score
Well I See Reality Shows As A Big Fad But I Guess I Have To Watch It Since Its Muppets Crap :frown: