"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

Lazarus

Reaction score
I kind of feel Disney has already ruined everything. Look at Muppet Wizard Of Oz. It had its moments (the 'Passion' joke was pretty funny) but overall it was an abomination.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Lazarus, you post with such pessimism and it's sad. Didn't you learn anything from the work of Jim Henson? There's always promise. Besides, I suggest the DVD over what you saw on TV. TV WAS bad, but MWoO is GOOD on DVD when all the parts are added in there that make the movie...a movie!

And Scooter was WONDERFUL in MWoO!! That was like having Richard Hunt back again, even if only for 5 minutes.

georginamC

Reaction score
I agree with Fozzie bear and i think that even though MwoO wasnt the best of their productions, it is still wonderful because its a muppet movie. besides i didnt think it was that bad considering...................

Marky

Reaction score
A 6-episode only project shows how timid ABC/Disney/Mac/Kellogs/Ford/Exxon/Stantec/Corp/Inc is being with this idea (if it happens).

Lazarus

Reaction score
I'm not really that pessimistic. I just don't like what Disney has done to the company. I think Jim Henson's work was amazing, and no one can replace him.

I just dislike what the company has recently done because it lacks Mr. Henson's creativity.

It's not intended to down-hearten anyone. I think there is always hope. I will get the DVD and give it another chance, then.

Marky

Reaction score
THis thread's been hi-jacked by Oz!

Oh well.

I only saw the DVD. It's not too, too bad. It's wasn't worth a theatrical release. It feels like they knew this too when they were making it, too.

Man, seems like everything MHC has been doing is one giant TEST PROJECT without ever really coming to any resolve. It's alllll about the $ for them, let's not kid ourselves. Do we believe in the Muppets more than Disney does???

melissa@muppet

Reaction score
i think it will be awesome, hope they do it and australia might get to see it