All the characters in the Baker Films

JLG

Reaction score
Hi. As I'm sure most of us have noticed, Jim Henson's "Baker" counting series from the first year has a lot of recurring characters who pop up from film to film. Purely for my own amusement, I attempted to actually track each of these characters and see which of them appeared most often. It was actually harder than you'd think. Sometimes I found it hard to tell whether someone in one film was actually the same person from another, or if they two different but somewhat similar-looking people. So some of you might disagree with my little "chart." I'd be interested if anyone has a different opinion.
Same thing applies to the "names" I gave each character. :smile: Some of them were hard to think of specific labels for. If anyone has more clever names than mine, feel free to chime in! :big_grin:

So anyway, here's how I saw it...

Blond Boy (Brian Henson): 1 penny; 3 peas; 5 dimes; 7 nickels; 8 ping pong balls; 9 quarters;
Asian Girl: 1 bird; 2 butterflies; 6 flying things; 10 toes
Smiley Black Boy (or Wind-up Toy Boy): 1 wind-up toy; 2 ice cream cones; 4 wind-up toys; 6 cameras; 8 blocks; 10 wind-up toys
Mystery Door Man: 1 cow; 2 turtles; 3 crocodiles; 4 fish; 5 frogs; 6 cats; 7 spooky spiders; 8 puppies; 9 mice;
Tubby Blond Boy: 1 bellybutton;
Moptop Blond Boy: 10 bells
Red-Haired White Lady: 2 heads; 3 pigs; 5 fingers;
Surprised Black Man: 2 hats; 4 balloons; 5 "whatever they are"; 9 nails; 10 pins
Striped-Shirt White Boy: 2 heads; 4 arms; 5 ice cream sodas; 7 straws; 8 puppets;
Asian Boy: 4 arms;
Jim Henson: 3 balls
Sleepy-Eyed Black Boy: 3 eggs; 6 chicks; 7 ducks;
Curly-Haired White Girl: 3 pigs; 4 dolls; 9 noodles;
The Professor: 6 squares; 7 circles; 10 triangles
The Old Clocksmith: 8 clocks
Rowlf The Dog: 9 lights;
and of course...
The Baker: 1 wedding cake; 2 chocolate cream pies; 3 birthday cakes; 4 root beer floats; 5 fancy fruitcakes; 6 strawberry shortcakes; 7 pumpkin pies; 8 raspberry pudding desserts; 9 coconut custard pies; 10 chocolate layer cakes

Not counting the Baker, who of course is in all of them, the winner is Mystery Door Man, who appears in all of them except the last one for some reason. Smiley Black Boy and Brian Henson tie for second place with each clocking in at six times, and right behind them are Striped-Shirt White Boy and Surpsied Black Man, tied for third place with five appearances each. Asian Girl appears four times, and the Professor, Sleepy-Eyed Black Boy and Curly-Haired White Girl all show up three times. Everyone else only turns up once.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It's been determined the baker was an actor named Alex Stevens (he knew how to take a fall real well!).
Bill Ponezecki was the Mystery Door Man, who a couple seasons later teamed up with Paul Price as "Wally and Ralph"- a retread of Season One's "Buddy and Jim" clips. That was Brian's brother John showing his belly button, and their sister Lisa whining over the nine noodles.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I found out that Alex Stevens is a stuntman in movies & TV shows. I looked it up on an entertainment site. Also fuzzyg, I think Lisa Henson was showing the "4 dolls" & not just whining over "9 noodles" (I'm not sure) I thought I saw her there

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Don't know whether that's a Henson as the "nine noodles" girl, but she was whining then? All this time I thought she was talking like a snobby little girl.

JLG

Reaction score
Dunno about "snobby," per se, but she seemed just as nonplussed as Brian Henson was after only getting "Three peas?!"

JLG

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a consensus on whether "Curly-Haired White Girl," as I called her, is Lisa Henson, but is it officially known that "Tubby Blond Boy" is in fact John Henson?