All about Jim

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
This may be a series of one shots or just one. It talks about Kermit's thoughts after Jim's passing.
Kermit held the worn photograph in his small green hands. In the photo, it showed kermit, Piggy, Jim, and Frank smiling at the camera. What a day that had been. Jim had everyone in giggle fits, he couldn't seem to help himself. That was the day that they had finished shooting Muppets from Space. Jim had been helping direct while Frank Oz helped the Muppet gang memorize their lines.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Ummm, you may want to do your research before posting... Jim passed away before MFS was made.... I feel kind of awkward having to tell someone this.....

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
let's just say that Mr. Jim Hensen is still alive for the movie...
It had all started with Piggy. "Moi just doesn't understand how vous can be so rude! All I asked was if you would like to go dancing tonight!" Piggy said exasperated. "Vous really doesn't need to be so nasty towards moi." Piggy fluttered her eyes at him, something they both knew kermit could not resist. Kermit was not in the mood for bending to Piggy's will. "Piggy, will you just leave me alone!" he yelled mercilessly. "Maybe we cuold go dancing if you would get your lines straight and act! Quit blaming me for everything and realize that the real problem is you!" Kermit breathed heavily for a moment while no one on the set breathed nor moved. Kermit and Piggy held each other's gaze before Kermit finally huffed and walked out the doors leading to the roof. Piggy's blue eyes welled with large tears. No! she thought sternly to herself. Not here, not ever here! She stormed to her dressing room, slamming the door. Only when it was locked behind her, did she let the unshed tears cascade down her cheeks.
Kermit stood on the roof, breathing in the scents of Los Angeles. He didn't here the door open, nor did he notice Jim standing next to him until he felt a warm hand on his shoulder. Without turning around, kermit fianlly said, "I messed up big time didn't I?" Jim looked down at his oldest and dearest friend. He smiled sadly. "Yeah, you sort of did, but Piggy will get over it, she always does." Kermit just shook his head. "I don't think so. I think this time I'm in the dog house for sure.'' His shoulders sagged as he said this. "I'm getting old, Jim. Stretched in a way." Jim smiled again and answered, "I thought you looked like you were getting taller." He had meant to lighten the mood, but Kermit only gave him a half smile. Jim sighed then put his arm around Kermit. "Hollywood does that to you. At first it makes you feel like a king, then takes all you had and care about then snatches it away again, leaving you with nothing. But you know what?" Kermit looked up at his friend. "What?" Jim pulled close, hugging the gills out of him. "You'll always have me." Kermit hugged Jim back, grateful for the support. "Right back at ya, Jim."

Kay this is all I have for today, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! *Kissy, kissy!*

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Both Kermit and Jim walked onto a set where chaos was trying to gain back some normality. Scooter was yelling at and looking rather frazzled by the sudden call of duty. But after being a muppet and Kermit's right hand man(Muppet)? for many years, he had finally gotten used to it. Kermit then looked over to Piggy's dressing room where a very stressed Frank was begging for a certain Pig to come out. "Piggy!" he moaned pitifuly. "Moping won't solve anything! Please, we'll talk." The door swung open, revealing a very mad pig. "Fine!" she shreiked. "We'll talk. Let's talk about how that rude, slimy, bulbous eyed, knobby kneed, ...Thing! - "Someonecall me?" Gonzo asked. Piggy glared at the whatever. Gonzo walked of sourly. "Sheesh, I was just asking he muttered. Piggy rolled her blue eyes back to Frank. "That's it! I am quitting!" Frank, looking shocked, asked, "Piggy, you don't mean that!" Piggy turned back to him, nostrals flaring. "Try me." She hissed. She turned around in a flurry of golden curls only to face a very hurt Kermit. Piggy's emotions were slightly comical as her face warred against itself. Anger, regret horror, and finally settling with the same amount of pain, equal to kermit's own. 'Piggy, please don't go." His voice was quiet, pleading. "The show needs you. I-I need you." Piggy's breath was taken away, neither one of them noticed slowly building chaos surrounding them. It was just the two of them alone on an empty set. "Mon capiton doesn't mean it, you never have meant it." She whispered. Tears started to fall again. Kermit put both hands on Piggy's face, holding it so delicatly she almost whimpered at his gentle touch. "I will now. Piggy I will never let you down again. I promise." He breathed in her ears. Slowly he lifted her face up to his own. Sofly he pressed his lips to hers, then faster and stronger. trying to revive an answer out of her heart. She didn't let him down. They only broke apart when lew Zealends flying fish whopped Kermit right in the head, sending him flying right into Rizzo's giant cream pie. The pie was so huge, it appeared to have eaten Kermit whole. The whole set went quiet for the second time that day. Kermit'head broke the surface gasping. Piggy rushed over trying very hard not to laugh. "Mon capiton, are you alright?" She was giggling very hard now. Kermit smiled mischeiviously at her. "Yes, I'm quite alright, Piggy. Infact," he said grabbing her arm, much to Piggy's horror. "the cream is so nice, why don't you come in and join me. " He laughed pulling her into the gooey substance. "Aww man, I don't think I can handle frog legs and bacon in my pie. Their goes my lunch." Rizzo complained, heading off to find another desert. When Piggy came up for air, the whole set erupted into giggles and laughter. It wasn't mean or cruel laughter, just laughter of friends having a good time. Even though on the outside Piggy was fuming about her ruined outfit, deep down she was laughing too. She grabbed a handful of whipping cream at an unsuspecting Frank, who got served right in the face. Jim who was standing right next to him laughed even harder. "What do you know." he gasped, "Frank a la creme!" Frank turned to Jim, smiling evily. He grabbed two handfuls of cream, mashing one into Jim's face and the other he smeared into his friend's hair. The whole set turned into a huge pie fight, no one left without being creamed. What a day it had been indeed.
This will continue in the next chapter which will be the last! I had a lot of fun doing this, and I hope people are reading this. Please read and review! *Kissy kissy*

:smile::jim::hungry:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Hi BBF--congratulations on your first story here at MC. Here are a few comments about your story, because I know that it is hard to post a story and not get any comments back.

I liked that you included Jim and Frank in the story as well. Every author who writes muppet fiction has to decide exactly what the relationship between the muppets and their, um, "friends" like Jim and Frank and Jerry and Steve is going to be if they include the friends in the story. Mentor, friend, director, boss are all good choices, but there isn't really a "right" choice--or a "wrong" one.

Someone already commented about the fact that you had Jim interacting in a story after he has passed on. Again, their aren't any rules about that, but--for myself--I try to make sure that I am giving credit appropriately where I can. In other words, Jim was Kermit's friend for several of the movies, and then Steve became Kermit's friend for the ones after Jim has passed. I know that we all feel a special fondness (awe, reverence, love and affection) for Jim because he started it all, but I (speaking for myself) don't want to give Jim credit for something that Steve actually did the work on. I'm even uncomfortable sometimes when I have Kermit "writing" a script in my stories, or referring to one of their movie scripts. Sometimes, even when we try to get all the facts right, we'll be surprised to find we misunderstood something and got it wrong. It happens, and it happens to all of us. My word of advice would be--try to check your facts (ask, go online, look on muppet Wiki). Also, if you do decided to change the "facts" for the sake of your story, do if for a good reason.

I liked that you showed strong emotions in your story--fan fiction usually centers around strong emotions and strong opinions, but I think your Kermit and Piggy fight was a little "manufactured." Kermit certainly says mean, snarky and sometimes appallingly accurate things to Miss Piggy, but she is not a wilting flower. She's as likely to Hi-yah! him into the parking lot as she is to tear up and run to her dressing room. Sometimes she does both. If they are going to argue and make up--make the fight about something real, and make the make-up about something real, also. Kermit and Piggy and Gonzo and Rizzo are all characters that we know and love, and they are not one-dimensional, so it's okay to make their conflicts and their happy interactions more complex.

I liked the slapstick humor--this was a staple of the Muppets from the get-go. Physical humor and outlandish situations that couldn't happen in "real life" are also fair game.

Thank you for sharing your story--I know it takes courage to put your stuff out there and hope people like it! Keep writing! The best way to become a better writer is to write, edit, write, edit and write some more.

Fondly,
Auntie Ru

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Thanks Ru! I know, I wanted to change the name of the movie, but the chance to make changes to my story came and went, and I can't. Not to mention I don't have the time to rewrite it. :stick_out_tongue: but thank you for the advice! And about the character's emotions and reactions, again I was experimenting and kind of failed. I'll have to watch more muppet movies to help give me ideas when I have the time.... I really don't like school at the moment. Maybe I'll have Piggy do more hi-yahs in the next chapie.... Anyhoo, thanks again! My next fanfiction is called: Under the Mistletoe and is a more romantic form of their relationship. Now for the next chapter!

Kermit placed the picture back on his bedside table. The door opened to reveal his wife, Piggy, and his son, Samuel. Sam was a frog like Kermit, yet he had his mother's blue eyes. "Is vous ready?" Piggy asked sweetly. kermit smiled warmly at his love. "Yes, Piggy. Let's grab everyone else and head out." Piggy snorted. "Speak for yourself, everyone's already on the bus waiting for vous." Kermit huridly grabbed his cout and headed out to the rest of the gang. "Kermit! My main man!" Dr. Teeth's gravelly voice welcomed Kermit as he stepped on to the bus. Kermit smiled and walked down the aisle, searching for a seat. He plopped himself down near the back with his son and wife sat next to him. Samuel picked up the banjo he'd brought with him, something Kermit had missed, and started plucking at the strings while the bus drove to its destination. Gradually the song swelled and filled the bus with its familiar and well loved tune. Samuel's voice filled the bus.

Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side
Rainbow's are visions
They're only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some chose to
Believe it
But I know they're wrong wait and see
Everyone joined in.

Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
And look what it's done so far
What's so amazing
That keeps us star gazing
What so we think we might see

Someday we'll find it
That Rainbow Connection
The lovers the dreamers and me

Have you been half asleep
And have you heard voices
I've heard them calling my name
Are these the sweet sounds that called
The young sailors
I think they're one and the same
I've heard it too many times to ignore it
There's something that I'm supposed to be
Kermit sang the last verse on his own, changing the lyrics.
Someday we'll see you
and The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me
Everyone either cried or sat thinking about their lost friend. The bus slowed to a stop infront of the old Muppet Theater. Walking in, the Muppets found their human co-workers and friends sitting in the audience seats. Frank was saying some things about Jim, and how if he were still alive, it would be his 75th birthday. As he continued Kermit and his friends sat in various seats. Finding a seat next to Steve, the puppeteer who took Jim's place when he died, and heaved a sigh of relief. Made it. He thought. As the program progressed, many people laughed and cried, reliving the moments they all had shared. As Kermit watched and listened, he realized something. Jim may be gone, he thought, but he'll live in the children he taught and the people he touched. And me. Kermit thought fiercely, he will always live in me. "But you know what?"
"What?"
Jim smiled. "You'll always have me."
"Forever." kermit whispered.

This is my tribute to Jim Henson for being my inspiration. I apologize for mispellings and time problems that were incorrect. But I hope you enjoyed, and I will see you next time!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------
Welcome to the fics, BBF! And I agree with all the points Lady Ru made above. (She's a froggin' good editor and critic and writer. Listen to her.)

Slapstick with pies? Old-school...nice. And having Jim advise Kermit a little was a nice touch as well.

I have only one gripe: please, please, PLEASE do a spelling/grammar check before you post. No matter how good the story, running into a sentence which...er...could stand improvement really distracts your readers and diminishes the reading enjoyment. Sure, we all make typos and other mistakes occasionally! But it would really smooth out your writing if you'd take the time to just edit it, carefully, before sending it out into the virtual world. Please separate the paragraphs -- remember, anytime someone speaks, you start a new paragraph! Your storytelling instincts look good so far and by all means keep going! Just...a little polish would shine it up nicely. :smile: Please continue.
------------------------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Thanks, Newsmanfan! It's no wonder your a reporter. You are always on top of things, which I truly appreciate it.
newsmanfan said please, please, PLEASE do a spelling/grammar check before you post.

I think it will help when I get a new kew board and maybe I should write it on word document then paste, Thank you so much! I promise to post more soon!!