Alice Cooper Talks about his apperance on "The Muppet Show"

Vincent L

Reaction score
Every guest star on The Muppet Show seems to feel the same way, that the Muppets feel alive.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Alice Cooper said on George Stroumboulopoulos a few years ago that TMS was one of the funnest things he's ever done.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
It didn't happen with every TMS guest star, but part of what made that Alice Cooper episode so special is that the Muppet crew and the celebrity guest are clearly trying to embrace each other's worlds and having a good time doing it. I still can't believe they pulled it off.

It's bizarre, though, to watch that episode and see all the references to Faustian contracts and Satan and that type of imagery, knowing that Alice Cooper eventually wound up embracing Christianity...

catherine

Reaction score
that is brilliant, lol at miss piggy's bit, she was fabulous.

Walter

Reaction score
part of what made that Alice Cooper episode so special is that the Muppet crew and the celebrity guest are clearly trying to embrace each other's worlds and having a good time doing it.
Yeah, it just makes the episodes so much more enjoyable when the performers are into it 100%!

It's bizarre, though, to watch that episode and see all the references to Faustian contracts and Satan and that type of imagery, knowing that Alice Cooper eventually wound up embracing Christianity...
I was under the impression he was just joking about the whole "Rock is Evil" thing..:scary:

Hayley B

Reaction score
I'm sure it's an amazing experience. I could see how it could be hard to think, that they are only humans.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I love Alice Cooper. He's one of the few rockers I would actually want to meet in person. I listened to that whole thing. Very funny :smile:

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
Ive seen several interviews with Alice Cooper over the last decade and the question about his appearance on TMS has always been asked. Just like here, he said it was one of the best and most fun things he ever did! He said that most fans he ran into asked about that appearance too! I think that's awesome! On a side note, about 5 years ago I was browsing eBay for vintage Muppet Show collectibles and someone had on auction a letter sent to Alice from Jim Henson's company about the show and what days he needed to show up for filming. Best yet, it also had the amount in which he got paid for his appearance! It was something like $4,500. for that episode!! So I guess that was the norm that most guests got paid back then for the show? I wish I could have bought that letter but the seller had it marked up way to high. Either way, it was still fun to see and read! :smile: