ALF Photo Puppet wish

muppetperson

Reaction score
A couple of us brought up that they would like to see an ALF photo puppet replica made so I have opened up a thread here for comments.I raised this over at Master Replicas Forum a while ago but it didnt get any attention. I also suggested it to sideshow collectibles, who took more notice and as been forwarded to their production team.I suggest people who want to see him made, contact Sideshow and back up your support so they can see that there is interest in such a product.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
i like Alf. The camp i work at has a training day and the guy helping out with training used to work for a camp in the 80s that had a boy from Alf at it.

Luke

Reaction score
I'm stoked other people would like this - i would buy two (at least!). It'd be an amazing designed photo puppet, especially if they got Terry or ALF's original puppet builders to work on it. I'm not sure whether its worth starting some kind of petition like thing to show the interest in it or how we could demonstrate that but i'll let the people over at the various ALF sites know about this thread. I hope that ALF's creators would grant the license to do this, as long as it was high quality i don't think it would be a bad thing and i would suspect loads of retro fans would see it and snap it up. ALF is about the size of Fozzie i think and the posers they had looked great.

muppetperson

Reaction score
i like Alf. The camp i work at has a training day and the guy helping out with training used to work for a camp in the 80s that had a boy from Alf at it.
That must have been "Brian" (Benjory Gregory-think that is correct spelling).
I meet "Lyn" when she was doing a promtional tour down under when the show first started.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I'm stoked other people would like this - i would buy two (at least!). It'd be an amazing designed photo puppet, especially if they got Terry or ALF's original puppet builders to work on it. I'm not sure whether its worth starting some kind of petition like thing to show the interest in it or how we could demonstrate that but i'll let the people over at the various ALF sites know about this thread. I hope that ALF's creators would grant the license to do this, as long as it was high quality i don't think it would be a bad thing and i would suspect loads of retro fans would see it and snap it up. ALF is about the size of Fozzie i think and the posers they had looked great.
Thanks for your help,Luke, in spreading the word.Does Alf have a web site?I remember seeing alfstuff.com on the funko wobbler, but when I went there it said coming soon and vanished! So have you seen a ALF poser in person?

Luke

Reaction score
ALF doesn't have an official website, it never happened as you said. There is www.alftv.net which is run by Jerimiah, thats about the most active ALF site right now. I have not seen a poser in person but i have lots of pictures of them at various angles, they look much better than the midget they used to use in a suit, lol. I'll post some pictures as soon as i can get to them.

ALF's merchandising was being handled by the Wildflower Group at least upto last year. I'm not sure if this is still the case. They licensed some plushes and other stuff for the 20th anniversary in 2006.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I think someone here in the past has mentioned an Alf replica availible in Brazil. I could be wrong, though.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think someone here in the past has mentioned an Alf replica availible in Brazil. I could be wrong, though.
That would be me! It is an unofficial product that comes from Argentina and pops up on ebay from time to time.I have one but it is made from latex and fur strands glued onto foam.It is just to do me until an official one is made.As you can see, his body isnt in proportion.

And I asked Sideshow if they could make his head out of durable vinyl instead of latex.

Luke

Reaction score
I'd never seen that, pretty good likenesss for an unofficial product. I've known another one come up from time to time, a really large soft toy type plush from Russia i think. The head was ok but the body way too fat.