ALF Melmacian Movie Planned

Luke

Reaction score
Just wanted to add a lil' puppetry news tidbit that might be interesting for fans of the original ALF series or cartoons. On the commentary of the latest ALF DVD the creators - Paul Fusco and Tom Patchett (co-writer of two Muppet movies) announce that alongside the new ALF Talk Show, there'll also be an ALF Prequel Movie produced which will show ALF's earlier life on Melmac, like the cartoon shows did, but using puppets and the same style of humor. There was a dream scene in the original sitcom that was kinda a testbed for this and they'll also be updating things with new technology and stuff. I guess it'll be a TV Movie like the last ALF one.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Cool!...

...hey wait... ALF's on DVD??!?!?!

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
That's cool Luke! I can't wait. I really like his new commercials, and I think A talk show sounds great for him!

Jake

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They were just talking about ALF on VH1's retro-spective show on the 80s. Most of the stars interviewed liked him except one, but I don't remember who it was...think she was out of work. LOL! Pretty darn good, seeing that most things were panned. They focussed on his cat-eating ways. His segment lasted a couple minutes and they mentioned a comeback, but not much more than that.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
...hey wait... ALF's on DVD??!?!?!
Yeah, the link is :- http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006IGVL/702-3545321-5425634

It's Canadian prices, remember, and it works out very cheap - especially as the discs very high quality with extras and things. It was actually outselling LOTR and ET at Amazon Canada when it was released.

Yeah ALF was named Mr 1988 by VH1 (LOL) but the comebacks in full swing. The whole concept is still owned by Paul Fusco and Tom Patchett, but they hired a big PR and Licensing Company - as a result they've got a TV and Movie deal, 3 Year Contract for 10-10-220 Ads, DVD/Video distribution deal and tons of new deals for merchandise, including talking plushes from the people who do Yugi-oh or whatever you call it .......... all that without a single German company going bankrupt in the process ! :big_grin:

I knew loads of people here preferred the cartoon to the sitcom so thought it worth mentioning they were doing a movie of the cartoon.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the news Luke. I'm sure you are quite excited about the possibilties. Hopefully the script will be solid. It will be interesting to see what sees the light of day first, the TV series or the TV movie.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That's cool. I love Alf. I'm just waiting for a Land of Gorch Movie! That'd be sweet! Wait a minute. We've already startedwork on our own Muppet script. Next we should work on a Land of Groch script! *over-reactng* Who's with me???????????

Oh, yeah. I was working on a Fraggle rock Movie script.

ooooooooooh. Alf! I've never actually seen the show, but I know I like Alf. I have an anti-puppet friend, and he likes Alf for pete's sake!