Aint It Cool News Animated Statler Spoof

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
That is pretty darn cool. I always like AICN, and this is my favorite animated thingee so far.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Wow, an animated gif, I didn't realize they still existed! Very cool. :cool:

Squigiman

Reaction score
I saw this, and was right away like "WOW!". First, I liked their take on the characters, looking pretty accurate of that era's puppets, while still stylized. Secondly, though they often just randomly recycle them, or leave them up too long, as I believe it's a brand new one, I figured it meant some actual Muppet movie or tv-related news. I saw something about Dark Crystal 2, but that's a stretch.

Why did Disney buy them, if they're just going to sit on this potential goldmine? HIT has already pumped out two great sets of FR, with well-designed boxes, sweet replica notepads and pitchbooks, as well as cool and appropriate extras. In two weeks, we get long-awaited old school Sesame, including the pilot and many classic favorite skits. Where's TMS Season 2? If it takes so long, it better be packed to the brim! I want every little improvised ad for each episode, and maybe some actual commentaries, too! </rant> Alright, enough for now. See ya.

-Squigiman

beaker

Reaction score
Squigiman said:
I saw this, and was right away like "WOW!". First, I liked their take on the characters, looking pretty accurate of that era's puppets, while still stylized. Secondly, though they often just randomly recycle them, or leave them up too long, as I believe it's a brand new one, I figured it meant some actual Muppet movie or tv-related news. I saw something about Dark Crystal 2, but that's a stretch.

Why did Disney buy them, if they're just going to sit on this potential goldmine? HIT has already pumped out two great sets of FR, with well-designed boxes, sweet replica notepads and pitchbooks, as well as cool and appropriate extras. In two weeks, we get long-awaited old school Sesame, including the pilot and many classic favorite skits. Where's TMS Season 2? If it takes so long, it better be packed to the brim! I want every little improvised ad for each episode, and maybe some actual commentaries, too! </rant> Alright, enough for now. See ya.
Well Harry Knowles is a big Muppet/JHC "geek", he says in the new Dark Crystal 2 newspost that he's been in a very Muppety mood lately. He's always one of the first to report big Muppet news, like when MWOO was announced.
And yes I agree, it's unfortunate what Disney has done with the Muppets...or I should say hasn't done.