Ages?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
anathema said:
I'd say "spot the quote" but it was a little obvious ;-)
*has never heard that quote before* :embarrassed: I give up, where is the quote from? :embarrassed:
Erin

anathema

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
*has never heard that quote before* :embarrassed: I give up, where is the quote from? :embarrassed:
Erin
:-O

"Miracle on 34th Street", of course! I highly recommend this (the original version, not the recent remake).

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
anathema said:
:-O

"Miracle on 34th Street", of course! I highly recommend this (the original version, not the recent remake).
:eek: Well, I guess I *have* heard that quote before, then, and just forgot. I suspect we'll be pulling it out at Thanksgiving, so I will play extra-close attention this time! :wink: I've seen both versions, and I like both, but I agree the original is the best.
Erin

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
tiggie0686 said:
I know how that feels! Just after my 17th birthday, I went to Costco, right? And you know how they give out food samples? Well, I wanted a sample of cake. So I go to take some and the guy who's giving them out starts YELLING at me. He's like, "Where are your parents!? Kids can't take samples without their parents!" And I must've given him a weird look, cause a few seconds later he was like, "How old are you?" And I was like, "I'm 17!" He replied with, "Oh, you look much younger."

I was completely crushed by that incident. I've always thought that I look young for my age, but not so young that I'd be yelled at when trying to eat food because I might be too young to not know what allergies I have! Oh well, when I'm 40 people will (hopefully) still think I look young. :stick_out_tongue:
Hey, if you think being mistaken for a kid is embarassing (and btw, you ARE a freakin' kid, okay. XP) try being mistaken for a BOY! XD Y'see, when I was 16 I was going through that whole "rebellious, angsty, let's go get drunk in front of the 7/11 cuz we're TOO COOL!" phase. XP My hair was one inch short, and I always wore baggy, baggy, baggy male clothes. I was mistaken for a boy by my mom's old janitor for her school (my mom's a retired principle), almost everytime we went to a grocery store... by my own grandfather!!! (Of course, that was in his more senile of years...) But... I dunno, I kinda liked it. ^^ I'd usually just go along with it. And I have such a low voice that from the age of 15 on I could easily make myself sound like a man in his late twenties/early thirties... it's very unique talent of mine that I am quite proud of. XP

... I have no idea why I'm telling you people this and why this post is going under the "Ages" thread... so since you all know my age, for the record my German Shepard puppy is 9 months old! He'll be one year old February 8th. Mark it down in your calendars! Y'know you all want to celebrate the birthday of a dog you've never even seen who belongs to a girl you don't even know... it's an International event.

(See? Now this post is age related! I feel sooooooo goooooood!)

^_^ Debbington on Pond

Manda:-D

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I volunteer at the library, and was working with 5 year olds, and a mother said something to the effect of she felt sorry for that 10 year old girl, and wondered what mental disease I had.....ooh double zinger
:eek: Ouch! I've never been asked if I had a mentsl disease, (well, not in seriousness, anyway), but I'm often mistaken for 13 or even 12. (Once, TEN!)
I help out at a junior high youth group sometimes, and one day I was helping out at a retreat as a small group leader. Well, I was almost a foot shorter than most of the girls, added to the fact that I look really young. Someone camE up to us and asked where our leader was, and I pipe up, "*I* am!!!" in my kinda high-pitched voice.
I have a friend, though, who's 14 and looks closer to 18. It freaks her out when college guys come and hit on her.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
:eek: Ouch! I've never been asked if I had a mentsl disease, (well, not in seriousness, anyway), but I'm often mistaken for 13 or even 12. (Once, TEN!)
I help out at a junior high youth group sometimes, and one day I was helping out at a retreat as a small group leader. Well, I was almost a foot shorter than most of the girls, added to the fact that I look really young. Someone camE up to us and asked where our leader was, and I pipe up, "*I* am!!!" in my kinda high-pitched voice.
I have a friend, though, who's 14 and looks closer to 18. It freaks her out when college guys come and hit on her.
LOL! Well, there's a girl at our church who looks about 18 but is actually 14, and her mom told me last week that she always thought I was her daughter's age! :eek: Oh, well, I guess I could go through high school again... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not posting to reveal my age. A lady never tells how old she is. :mad:

But I am posting to undo the myth about my husband's age. He's definitely *NOT* the oldest. :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Cindy Chapman said:
Well, I'm not posting to reveal my age. A lady never tells how old she is. :mad:

But I am posting to undo the myth about my husband's age. He's definitely *NOT* the oldest. :smile:
:embarrassed: Welp, I was one of the ones who nominated him for that category! Sorry about that!! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
:smirk: okay, when I was in 6th grade so many thought that I was like 17. Then when I got to High School, I was telling someone that was a freshman and they said, "oh wow, you're a college freshman? I thought you were older than that."
I tell ya, some people. :rolleyes:
Hee hee...anyhoo many years later now. I was somewhere and someone thought I was about 19. Golly.
So, I figure a few years from now I'll be like 12 or something. :stick_out_tongue: