Ages of Muppets

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Strange. I was just thinking about this the other day.

I would think Kermit and Piggy would be about the same age. Also, considering they're close friends with Fozzie and Gonzo, they'd be around that age too. I'm guessing maybe 20s or 30s. Floyd and Janice should be about the same age, but Zoot's definately older.

I always pictured Sal to be younger than Johnny, but maybe I'm just going by monkey years.

I guess Scooter could have been a teen on the Muppet show, but he should be in his mid 20s by now.

Then there was the Connie Stevens episode where Waldorf said he was close to 90, so you can imagine how old he and Statler would be now. Lol.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That raises an interesting question, Daffyfan. Do muppets age?
For the most part I am going to say no. Some characters shift a little bit. Piggy being the main example: from being in love with Kermit, to wanting to be a star, to being a spotlight-hog, it seems as if she's aged since her attitudes have changed over the years. But someone like Rizzo, Rowlf, etc. though maybe have evolved slightly, are essentially the same and so I perceive them as trhe same age.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'm not so sure Miss Piggy's changes in attitude are such a sign of aging- I know I sometimes change my attitudes about certain things more often than she changes her clothes.
But on the other hand, when we're figuring out Muppet ages, we have to keep in mind that some of them might just be really mature or really immature. I mean, for the most part, we can't really base their ages on their appearances. But I know on many more than one occasion, I've been sitting in a restaurant with my forty-something mother and fifty-someting father and their friends, and realized that some of my teenage friends were more mature than them.

And if you're wondering what I'm getting at... well, so am I. But I think this whole post is just a really long way of saying I have just about no idea.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
lol. Nice one, crazy. :stick_out_tongue: Jokes!

Naw, but I mean, Piggy has completely 360'd her personality. It's not just all about her looks changing. Even though I perceive her as older, she's definately not more mature. She just becomes less naive (in a way. Not about Kermit, though).

MuppetfraggleEX

Reaction score
Muppets ages. My guesses.

I would say sam if 40, Scooter is 20, Statler and Waldorf are 70, Muppet Newsman is 35, Janice is 20, Clifford is 25, Marvin Suggs is 30, Julius Strangepork is 50, and Link Hogthrob is 25, Rowlf is about 25, Floyd is 30, and Zoot is about 25, Rizzo is 17, Crazy Harry is 27, Johnny Fiama is 39, Beauregard is 40, Dr Teeth is 40, Animal is 19, Kermit is 30, and Miss Piggy is about 29. Pepe is about 17, and Fozzie 28, Beaker is 25, and Bunsen 36, Chef is probably 40+. and Gonzo about 20. Dr Phil Van Neuter is about 40, Robin about 10 or so, Lew Zealand about 25, Camilla is probably about as old as Gonzo, and Pops is about 70. The Snowlths were about 10, Mahna Mahna is 30, Thog is 16, Bean Bunny is 17, Angus McGonagle is 20, Sal Manilla is 20, Penguin is 25, and Bobo the Bear is about 30. That is everyone I can think of at the moment.

BEAR

Reaction score
MuppetfraggleEX said:
and Zoot is about 25, .
This is the main one I would have to disagree with. Zoot has always been described as a burnt out 50 year old musician type. Therefore, I would say he is 50 (or atleast late 40s) :cool:

Rowlf+Buster

Reaction score
Man I thought I was the only one who lost sleep over this :smile:

Kermit 27 (though I agree he has aged recently so maybe about late 20s early 30s)
Piggy 25 (again she has aged alot probably up to about 28)
Fozzie (not aged one bit) (( actually he seems to have de-aged!)) 28
Gonzo 25 (he has definatley aged, anyone else noticed his voice has gotten alot deeper?)
Scooter 17-20
Pepe and Rizzo 21
Rowlf 35
Sam 41
Statler and Waldorf 80
Dr. Teeth 36
Janice and Floyd 28
Animal ??????
Zoot 53
BUnsen 30 Beaker 23
Clifford 27
Johnny Fiama 30
Sal 25

G-MAN

Reaction score
i figured Johnny was in his late forties, what with the grey in his hair and the washed up lounge singer still living with his mother look that he portrays

Effralyo

Reaction score
I can give Cliff 28. For some reason he seems to look 28-yrs-old... *shrug*
By the way, my Effralyo is about 500, and it's just a young age! What can you say to this? :smile: