Actors stepping off the Street...

Tim

Reaction score
I always think it's weird to see our favorite Sesame Street humans acting in other places. Kinda like seeing your teacher in the supermarket on Saturday.

I remeber "Luis" working for Lou Grant, and "Molly the Mail Lady" playing Dorm Room Mom on "The Facts of Life". My favorite was the number-painting guy livng next door to the Jeffersons as "Mr. Bently".

The creepiest was seeing "David" in a form-fitting unitard playing a back-up dancer in a televison commercial. YIKES!

Any others?

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
I've heard that "Gordon" played a lot of bad guys in movies.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Tim said:
I always think it's weird to see our favorite Sesame Street humans acting in other places. Kinda like seeing your teacher in the supermarket on Saturday.

I remeber "Luis" working for Lou Grant, and "Molly the Mail Lady" playing Dorm Room Mom on "The Facts of Life". My favorite was the number-painting guy livng next door to the Jeffersons as "Mr. Bently".

The creepiest was seeing "David" in a form-fitting unitard playing a back-up dancer in a televison commercial. YIKES!

Any others?
Why is that so odd? a lot of actors and actresses do that. BTW Charlotte Rae had left SS by the time The Facts of Life debuted.

hemlock

Reaction score
Speaking of Gordon, Muppet Matt, he played a baddie in "Willie Dynamite."

Steve

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Olivia also left Sesame Street to star in "227"- which I remember well because I used to watch 227 as a child.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I once saw "Maria" briefly as a cashier in a horror movie once before.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
There was also that episode of Happy Days where Linda appeared as a brief love interest for Fonzie.

BEAR

Reaction score
Alaina Reed Hall (Olivia) has recently been seen in anti-diareah commercials. Talk about "weird"!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it rully any weirder than Alison Bartlett O'Reilly aka Dr. Gina Jefferson playing a love interest for Tony Soprano's son on HBO's The Sopranos?