Actor Jonathan Brandis dies

jrhzoot

Reaction score
I thought people on this board might be interested in knowing this. I'm sorry to report this, but at age 27, actor Jonathan Brandis died on Nov. 12th. People may remember him from early 90's films such as Ladybugs, Neverending Story II, and TV show "Seaquest DSV". He will be forever missed.

Here's the article
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,103726,00.html

Maybe people could post various memories of him. I mainly remember him from "Ladybugs" with Rodney Dangerfield. I also remember him being the subject of many teen crushes, as my cousin and sister will vouch for that.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
This is terrible. My wife is a huge fan, as he was an early crush of hers. I feel very bad for her...this was very unexpected. I thought he was keeping busy lately with new projects, as my wife sometimes did searches on him to see what he was up to, and there were always plenty of new pictures, indicating that he was involved in the business. Very sad. I've been trying to get Seaquest on VCD for her as a gift, and this will make it doubly tough, unfortunately, as the traders/sellers usually take advantage of these things...(I found this out trying to find George Harrison albums.) We do have "Sidekicks" on DVD, though! I suppose that's something! He was a fun teen actor, and, and I don't know what else to say.

*sigh*

eric

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
That's really sad when someone dies so young. I didn't recognize his name, but I remember him from "SeaQuest" and "Neverending Story II."
Erin

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Nooooo!!!!

NO NO NO...I can't believe it~I won't belive it. It's not true...
I love Jonathan Brandis!!

Golly, I still have his letters and autograped photo from long ago. :cry:

Why hasn't this been in the news? Nov.12??
All that's been on is michael jackson, this is more important than stuff!!!

excuse me, i'm gonna cry now...

jrhzoot

Reaction score
In response to the last post, I too am surprised that it hasn't been much announced in the news. I think us.imdb did finally put up an announcement in their news briefs. But, it did take longer than it should've.

I was looking through his profile and I do remember him from the movie "Sidekicks" with Chuck Norris. That was a favorite growing up. His character was always daydreaming in that movie about being a great martial arts competitor and then his dreams become reality!

There's so much more he could've done. It's just sad to see his life end so early. Anybody else have any memories of him?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
RIP Jonathan Brandis

Hiya.Gosh,we lost such a talented,young star.I watched him in Neverending Story 2,LadyBugs & then I wondered where he went to?He had so much to give,was taken too early & too fast.Rest in Peace Jonathan,we miss you. :cry: