Acronyms...HELP!

Nick

Reaction score
Day two on Muppet Central... or MC as I finally figured out! I have been reading so many posts and trying to learn so much, but I am extremely confused about many of the Acronyms that are used here.

Some are quite easy to figure out, and others, unless you have been here a long time are just plain confusing! I started this thread in hopes that some of you could enlighten us newbies (or muppet babies) what these are and what they stand for.

Maybe there is a thread about this someplace, and I just have not found it yet.

Thanks!
Nick

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
A lot of the acronyms are Muppet Movies or Muppet people. For instance,
JHC is the Jim Henson Company, TMM is The Muppet Movie, and MWoO is Muppet Wizard of Oz. Guess what AVMMCM is :wink:

Which ones specifically were confusing you?

furryredmonster

Reaction score
There was a thread 'bout this here awhile back... let me see if I can find it.

Wait, there is only one page here. I'm guessing everything gets deleted in this forum?

Beauregard

Reaction score
furryredmonster said:
There was a thread 'bout this here awhile back... let me see if I can find it.

Wait, there is only one page here. I'm guessing everything gets deleted in this forum?
Nope. But it only shows pages from a certain period of time, and people don't start many new ones here, so they dissapear. You'll have to change settings or do a search.

Nick

Reaction score
Ouch!

SarahOnBway said:
Guess what AVMMCM is :wink:
Oh that is a tough one! Hmmmm I figured JHC, and a couple others... but there are a few I had no idea about... including the one above! I can't remeber the one I saw that prompted this thread... I think it was TMOC or something to that effect. When I find it again I will repost it!

Nick

Reaction score
Ahhh... it was T*K*O which when I looked at it is a drama or MC sitcom... Guess I need to sit down and read the whole thing!

BUT, unfortunately, my Complete book of Puppetry and Puppet Planet came in the mail from Amazon... so I will not be reading much on MC now ( meaing in the next 3 or 4 hours!)... as I am going to the store to pick up supplies and make a quickie puppet for my class tomorrow!

I will post a pic here (if that is allowed) when I finish it!

Nick... and yes, that is my real name... I am so un-creative (if that is a real word)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Nick and welcome to the craziness that surrounds us here at MC or Muppet Central.
T*K*O stands for The Thread Killers Organization, which started with an explanative thread of its own before branching out into the various MC sitcom episodes.
AVMMC, or IAVMMCM which would be it's full acronymized title, stands for It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (though personally in m Muppet Listings threads it's shortened to just VMMCM).
If you have trouble with any other acronyms, frm a list and post it here or contact any one of us and we'll help you out. Also, be sure to dig up a thread in the Friends & Family section titled the Muppet Central Dictionary which contains terms handy for new members surviving on these wacky forums.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here's a few other 'useful' phrases...

BBB: Bill Baretta Borrowers
RHLC: Richard Hunt Lover's Club
SWAEHB: Steve Whitmere Admirers, Especially His, er...nevermind. We are a weird bunch here.
MopFam: The Moppet Family, a role-play thread performed by various members of MC
MC: Muppet Central
Muffining: To post unnecessarily in a thread, and pull it off subject
Ziffleing: To post at the same time as someone else

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick. And Bo, you certainly are a strange weird bunch over at that SWAEHB... Especially since you rote his name wrong. And to think, you're the second mate of that group. For shame, Sis'll have to dock your bagel pay again.