About Camilla

peyjenk

Reaction score
It's easy to see why Gonzo thinks she's such a hot chick, but something struck my brain a little while ago, and now I'm curious. Did they ever have a specific Camilla puppet, or would they just grab any ol' chicken? I mean, there's really not too much to distinguish Camilla from all the other chickens (they were all so good-lookin'). And even Gonzo himself has been known to get mixed up.

Anyone have any clues? Inquiring minds want to know...

peyjenk

Reaction score
But would that mean that there's a specific Camilla puppet, or would they just change the eyes on any chicken as needed?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I would imagine back when The Muppet Show was being taped and Camilla was an established character and the creative team knew that Jerry Nelson would be picking up the Camilla puppet to work with on a regular basis that they had a particular chicken set aside (and the eye focus/placement usually gave away which one was Camilla - subtle, but even a subtle shift can make a noticable difference)...these days when Camilla only appears sporadically, they probably just use the nearest chicken puppet available.