ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is from Bill Beretta's Facebook page, I love it:

Well, it's been a long road coming, but we finally got here. And we couldn't have done it without the ceaseless hearts & souls of the Muppet Performers (Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, David Rudman, Matt Vogel and Peter Linz), the undying, devoted efforts of Debbie McClellan, Kyle Laughlin and the Muppet Studios team, the insightful and hysterically clever Bill Prady, the passionate and driven Bob Kushell, the artistic style and vision of Randall Einhorn, the heartfelt efficiency and coordination of Kris Eber, the enthusiastic and extremely supportive ABC studios and Network, the look and feel of Craig Keif and the incredible crew, the tireless love and care of the Muppet Workshop, our friends and celebrities who helped out just because they love the Muppets, all of our families and finally my brilliant, beautiful love Cristina, who held my hand and heart the whole way...thank you. So as the great Jackie Gleason would say..."And awaaaay we goooooooo!!!!" Look out folks, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

scooterfan360

Reaction score
No words :smile:

It's not copying. It's the new format. It's like saying Modern Family is a copy of The Office since it has the same mockumentary look.

I also am seeing comments on other sites how people are up in arms its not a variety show...well, that Lady Gaga and the Muppets thing was a variety show and that stunk, and the ratings for Muppets Tonight wasn't too hot.

There's been sooo many variety show attempts in the last two decades, each one worse and worse.

If people want to see how terrible a "variety Muppet Show" in the modern era would be, go check out the French Muppet Show or the recent Lady Gaga thing.

Meanwhile I loved the heck out of Disney Drive Muppets, and they weren't even trying with that. And I love the cinematography from those stills alone we've been teased with from the ABC Muppets pilot.
I wonder what they are saying, scooter looks really too close to Wayne. and spamela has piggy's old hair style.

Muppet Master

Reaction score

Here is what I found on muppet wiki, probably the picture they are going to use when they air commercials, really great, and I hope to see a commercial for the show.

Harleena

Reaction score
Im so excited!!!! its a great time for us muppet fans!!!! I would love to see Leslie Carrara Rudolph involved with the show!!!
Me too! She's one of my favorite Muppeteers, to the point where when I was picking hypothetical puppeteers for a few of my fan characters, Leslie was at the top of my list (I chose her for my fan character who is named Zeah and is Zoot's cousin).

Status
Not open for further replies.