Abby's debut

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Abby will appear on Sesame Street.It was posted on the forum that Leslie Carrara got the part, and since I also tried out for the part too, I wanted to see her take on the character. So anyone please let me know as soon as possible because I definately don't want to miss these episodes. She is such a cute puppet, and Leslie is an amazing performer. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... Who, or what is Abby? Is this a new character from Season 36 that went undetected for the Muppet Listing and threads posted in the SS sections? Or is this a character from Season 37?
If the latter, the new Season 37 episodes won't start airing till September 2006, part of a PBS schedule makeover. Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, this "Abby" doesn't even ring a bell.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Abby is a fairy between the ages of 3-4..she has so far two segments she will be in..this was all the information I got from the audition. Wow September..I'll keep that in mind and get my mom to tape the episodes for me then.Thanks. Still if anyone knows the exact date that would be even better.

rowlf84

Reaction score
Airdates for S37 haven't been determined yet. I'll let you know if I hear anything definite. Her appearances are towards the end of the season, though.

Just so you know, she's 2 and a half. And adorable, as I'm sure you know, froggiegirl.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is this "Abby" going to be a new core character on Sesame Street? And is she a Muppet or a human?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funny how I never heard of Leslie Carrara before.:embarrassed:

Does anyone have any pics of Abby?

One last question: is she going to end up being a short-lived character (like Elizabeth and Lulu?)

zanimum

Reaction score
Well Lulu and Elizabeth were short-lived, because they were Stephanie D'Abruzzo characters, and Stephanie wanted to jet off to off- then on-Broadway fame as a puppeteer for Avenue Q. As long as nothing really big comes Leslie's way, I think we're safe.

Nick