A Video from the Muppets Disney Stage Show: RARE!!!

Elchippo

Reaction score
What an oddity! I loved how Bean was proportionally the same size as Fozzie. some of those lines sounded like they were in Scooter's voice but there was no Scooter in the show too:wink:

wouldn't you love to know where those costumes are today?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
DIZ! Do this again! Do it more like The Muppet Show, but DO IT AGAIN!

Please?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Ah, what you're hearing that you think is Scooter, is actually Janice singing. Because Richard does both voices, and the preformers also recorded their voices for this live show, it's a common mishear.

Or Richard just slipped into Scoot's voice and didn't realize it. Either way: LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

MWoO

Reaction score
It's also possible Scooter was some kind of announcer for the show.

Personally I would love to see something similar done today, only instead of using costumes use puppets. There are already a bunch of puppet shows at Disney so why not do one with the muppets that is pre-recorded? I think it would be nice if they just did a muppet music review using songs from the various shows and movies. I'd like that a lot.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
How weird. I was there in 89 and 90 and I never heard of this! It's so cool to know that in addition to Kermit, Piggy and Sweetums; there were also full bodied costumed Muppets!!!

Dragon

Reaction score
Fozzie looked like he had some cheap snow shoes.