A Real Dearth Nadir Action Figure Is Coming!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... $18 for a set of 6 Muppet Star Wars figurines, that's approx. $3 each. That's a rully good deal you got there Corey. Interested as to how the new line turns out. And we gotta get Animal Warrior and Yozzo at some point too! :halo: :shifty:

Dearth

Reaction score
They're in *MY* favorite scale(3 3/4" - 4")
I followed the links, thanks for the pics. But I didn't see a mention of the actual scale. I asked in person at CV and was only told "slightly smaller" than the Palisades figures. Where did that specific 3-3/4" info come from?

(ok, I added the names, as officially theyre listed as "Kermit the Frog as Luke Skywalker" and so forth)
I have been asking this for a while, but no one ever seems to have it... does anyone have the old Muppet Magazine issue with the comic story that parodied all the sci-fi films? I haven't seen my copy in years.

If I recall correctly, it had some really good hybrid puns for the names... stuff like Princess Loina, Ham Solo, Chew-wokka...

But even my title for this thread isn't accurate. Because it's not an action figure of Dearth Nadir (proper spelling). Dearth Nadir had an egg-slicer on his chest, and no gloves!

This figure is wearing an accurate Darth Vader costume, more like the poser-puppet seen in the classic poster/magazine cover where he's dueling Kermit while Piggy swoons in mock B-movie damsel distress.

So, I guess, technically, the best names for them are the Disney names: Gonzo as Darth Vader. A little dry, but they work universally for casual and diehard fans too.

Any idea of when these will hit Disney parks?
Again, I want to say they said something at the panel about in the spring? But that could have been some other merchandise they meant.

And we gotta get Animal Warrior and Yozzo at some point too!
The best way for us to get this line extended is to BUY, BUY, BUY the first set when they come out. Nothing sends a message to a company faster than an immediate sellout.

Dearth

beaker

Reaction score
I followed the links, thanks for the pics. But I didn't see a mention of the actual scale. I asked in person at CV and was only told "slightly smaller" than the Palisades figures. Where did that specific 3-3/4" info come from?

ALL of the Disney action figures released exclusively in parks, from
the Star Wars Disney action figure two packs, to the Indiana Jones figure line(several years before the new line hit stores) have all been in the 3 1/2 - 4" scale. Given they'll be going the two pack route, and keeping the around $10 price point per package; no way they are going to be anywhere close to the Palisades size.

As I said many years ago, Muppet fans have to realize that the only way we'll ever see as many Muppet Show characters released as possible; is for a line to be produced in this scale.
While the 2002-2005 Palisades line covered a lot of ground, 6-7" $12 figures can't begin to cover ground.

Imagine if Disney began to release Muppet Show proper characters in the scale of the Jack in the Box or 1978 fisher price scale; they could literally release every character imaginable with packins and playsets galore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As I said many years ago, Muppet fans have to realize that the only way we'll ever see as many Muppet Show characters released as possible; is for a line to be produced in this scale.
While the 2002-2005 Palisades line covered a lot of ground, 6-7" $12 figures can't begin to cover ground.

Imagine if Disney began to release Muppet Show proper characters in the scale of the Jack in the Box or 1978 fisher price scale; they could literally release every character imaginable with packins and playsets galore.

I loved the Palisades line, really I did. It helped me get back into the Muppets. But it SHOULDN'T be the end all be all of Muppet merchandise. If we can get one thing out of it, it shouldn't be 8" figures with plastic texturing and hundreds of little props... it should be the fact they tried so hard to get so many rare characters and fan favorites out there. If they're Fisher Price sized or somewhere in between FP and Palisades, it doesn't matter all that much to me, but I just want to see as many rare characters as possible. Less Kermit/Piggy/Animal... more Carl/Chef/Pepe.

Dearth

Reaction score
I can dig what you guys are saying, but I also think the bigger scale made it easier for smaller characters like Pepe, Rizzo, and Robin to become articulated figures. And even then, they had to fudge the scales a bit.

DN

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Palisades won't happen again in scale, detail, articulation or scope. It just won't. However they can and should make an entire line of smaller figures. I've said that many times. This fake mock-up is something I think could work. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Palisades won't happen again in scale, detail, articulation or scope. It just won't. However they can and should make an entire line of smaller figures. I've said that many times. This fake mock-up is something I think could work. :smile:
*drools* *wants* *prays Disney is creeping and sees this*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
*drools* *wants* *prays Disney is creeping and sees this*
Aw, thanks. The one thing I've learned about the Muppets assortments is that it's easier to sell lesser characters if they come packed with a heavy-hitter - and Kermit always has to be represented and available. There are countless costumes and poses they can do with him in order to insure that the frog is at least in every-other four-pack under my configuration.

beaker

Reaction score
I loved the Palisades line, really I did. It helped me get back into the Muppets. But it SHOULDN'T be the end all be all of Muppet merchandise. If we can get one thing out of it, it shouldn't be 8" figures with plastic texturing and hundreds of little props... it should be the fact they tried so hard to get so many rare characters and fan favorites out there. If they're Fisher Price sized or somewhere in between FP and Palisades, it doesn't matter all that much to me, but I just want to see as many rare characters as possible. Less Kermit/Piggy/Animal... more Carl/Chef/Pepe.
Oh there's no doubting the 2002-2005 Palisades line was an unbelievably amazing benchmark for the collector market. But make no mistake, those were for the collector market. The Mcfarlane level of size and minute detail, like NECA, is more for a specialized collector market.

I mean, in the history of toy companies did we EVER see a company so open to the opinion and input of fans? Heck they even put my full name on the back of a figure package...thats like crazy. And they came out with Mahna Mahna and the two snowths, a Koozebane playset with characters, and even little obscure characters like Steel Rabbit, MAMMA, Polly Lobster, etc.
Palisades went beyond the call of duty. And while their Fraggle Rock and Sesame line never got past the prototype stage sadly, what *did* come out was nothing short of stellar.

However, just imagine if we got the Star Wars figure line treatment for Muppet figures...by SW line, I mean 3 3/4" figures representing virtually every character in existence. Been waiting literally my whole life for that:3

beaker

Reaction score
Heh, nice! I'm glad for Palisades mini figures, as much as I prefer articulation. I never thought I'd ever get to have a figural representation of Doglion, Thog, Mahna Mahna and the snowths, etc. Btw, is that someone's fan made Luncheon Counter Monster figure?

Btw Jamie, I'm surprised Disney hasn't snatched you up for work. It seems like anyone who has the time or talent can work for Disney Muppets in some capacity. I've seen fellow Muppet fan artists at least have variant covers for the comics.