A Real Dearth Nadir Action Figure Is Coming!

figmental

Reaction score
I was referring to the action figures that they have right now (Mickey as Luke, Goofy as Darth Vader) and the new ones that were announced at the same time as the SW Muppets (Daisy as Aurra Sing, H,D, and L as Jawas).... are they basically those but as Muppets?

Dearth

Reaction score
I'd have to check my tape for the exact quote, but it was along the lines of "Palisades did some wonderful things with that line."
Checking the tape today... the precise quote was, "Oh, Palisade figures were done beautifully."

Speaker was Brad Schoeneberg.

I was referring to the [Disney-as-Star-Wars] action figures that they have right now... are they basically those but as Muppets?
They said the Muppets-as-Star-Wars figures will be slightly smaller than the Palisades line, but I didn't think to ask their size in relation to the Disney ones.

DN

figmental

Reaction score
My favorite part about these so far is the accuracy of the weapons they come with. They nailed Han's DL-44, Luke, Ben and Dearth's Lightsaber handles, and even Leia's blaster is accurate! I'm not sure about Chewies crossbow, though, but I can't really see it anyway...

Reaction score
If you go to RebelScum.com, they have photos of this presentation, as well. As a huge Star Wars fan, it KILLS me that I cannot collect all the great Disney/SW action figure hybrids! As pointed out, they are just too hard to collect since they are only available in the parks and I refuse to pay scalper mark-ups on these things. I'm not really a big Disney fan, though, so I've been able to justify not having them. But now that 3 of my favorite things will be combined into one irresistible product (Star Wars, Muppets, action figures) I'll have to finally find a way of getting my hands on these things! :smile:

figmental

Reaction score
If you go to RebelScum.com, they have photos of this presentation, as well. As a huge Star Wars fan, it KILLS me that I cannot collect all the great Disney/SW action figure hybrids! As pointed out, they are just too hard to collect since they are only available in the parks and I refuse to pay scalper mark-ups on these things. I'm not really a big Disney fan, though, so I've been able to justify not having them. But now that 3 of my favorite things will be combined into one irresistible product (Star Wars, Muppets, action figures) I'll have to finally find a way of getting my hands on these things! :smile:
You can always order them online. The Disney Store usually has a good selection of In Park Merchandise. They sell a lot of Vinylmations, Plush, Pins, Toys, etc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Disney stores near me, even the new ones, don't really carry park merchandise. I've yet to see the Vynalmations at those retail outlets, and I really think it's a slight loss they don't carry them... not even Dizstore exclusives.

But I will at least TRY to get Link Hogthrob myself. Other than Palisades and the Sideshow bust, there has NEVER been figural merchandise of that character. And he's one of my favorites.

Dearth

Reaction score
I don't believe he was referring to a brick-and-mortar Disney Store... rather www.DisneyStore.com

I was just at the Parks in Orlando last week, and a lot of the merchandise that I saw was stuff I knew could be found at DisneyStore.com, online, so I passed on many of the bigger items.

I recommend doing what I did. Find someone who lives in Orlando or Anaheim, or both, and be very very nice to them.

Also don't forget that, when it comes to Orlando for instance, you don't actually have to enter the Parks to get the merchandise. We saw a lot of the same stuff over at the World of Disney store in "Downtown Disney".

The only Disney item that I paid scalper prices for was a convention exclusive: Hologram Stitch Emperor. The rest of the stuff I've gotten at cost, plus shipping. If you find someone with an Annual Pass to a Park, they don't even have to factor in the admission or parking fees that you would if you went yourself.

Dearth

figmental

Reaction score
Yeah, I was referring to the online store.

I'm also pretty sure that you can contact Disney Merchandising and they'll ship it to you.

I myself know a few people who work for the Mouse... but I do go to WDW quite often so I may be able to pick up a set anyway.

beaker

Reaction score
New Muppet Action Figure Line Coming!

Yes, that's right posable action figures, NOT merely pvc figurines! ^^ Based on the Star Wars Muppets concept, these will actually be jointed and come with packins and accessories.

This is a bit of old news from April, but I just discovered the newsbit and haven't heard about it anywhere else. And the even better news?

They're in *MY* favorite scale(3 3/4" - 4") and they'll be including Link Hogthrob, Sam Eagle and other non "main five" characters!
http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-muppet-star-wars-action-figures.html

The lineup includes:
Kermit Skyhopper(with lightsaber) and Pigcess Leia(with blaster)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KW3S0od5s5U/TGhYoH-KZ-I/AAAAAAAAFNQ/9hzUSv7MqeU/s1600/p1070615.jpg

Link Solo(with blaster) and Fozwocca(with blaster)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KW3S0od5s5U/TGhYzWWDLOI/AAAAAAAAFNY/G4IaGeZ0slE/s320/p1070616.jpg

Obi-Sam Kenobi(with lightsaber) and Darth Nader w/ Chicken Stormtrooper and lightsaber)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KW3S0od5s5U/TGhY8fVxUkI/AAAAAAAAFNg/OswSvzuyHeY/s320/p1070617.jpg

R2-HoneyDew and C-Meep PO
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KW3S0od5s5U/TGhZHlWc2DI/AAAAAAAAFNo/vAt1cPRy4KM/s1600/p1070618.jpg

(ok, I added the names, as officially theyre listed as "Kermit the Frog as Luke Skywalker" and so forth)

Anyhoo, are these amazing or what? As a huge Muppet, Star Wars, and 3 3/4" scale fan I couldn't be more excited. Any idea of when these will hit Disney parks?

beaker

Reaction score
Ack, the above post was made without realizing this was a thread about these figures:smile:

Downside: Only sold at the Parks, obviously, and they will be slightly smaller than the Palisades line
A very big plus

As long as no one gets anal about these clearly not being the quality of a long defunct toy line, this is indeed great news. yeah, it's a real shame it's only a Park exclusive thing... it's gonna be impossible for any of us to get our hands on without dealing with scalpers (BOOOOOOOOO!) I still don't even have the figurine set yet. But I GOTTS ta get that Link Hogthrob.
I say thank goodness they arent going to be giant Palisades sized. $12 per figure, or $10 for a 2 pack...hmm:smile:

Also, what do you mean scalpers? I got the Star Wars Muppets pvc set mint in package off ebay for $18 total; most likely not far off what you'd pay at the park(minus the shipping)

If you go to RebelScum.com, they have photos of this presentation, as well. As a huge Star Wars fan, it KILLS me that I cannot collect all the great Disney/SW action figure hybrids! As pointed out, they are just too hard to collect since they are only available in the parks and I refuse to pay scalper mark-ups on these things. I'm not really a big Disney fan, though, so I've been able to justify not having them. But now that 3 of my favorite things will be combined into one irresistible product (Star Wars, Muppets, action figures) I'll have to finally find a way of getting my hands on these things!
The difference between the SW Muppets set you find at the parks and those Ive seen on ebay(including the one I got) is literally just a couple bucks. Considering it costs the average family hundreds, if not over a thousand dollars to go to a Disney park I'd say its quite worth it