A Real Dearth Nadir Action Figure Is Coming!

Dearth

Reaction score
Hi-ho all!

"Dearth" here, reporting live from Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando, Florida. Yesterday I sat in on the Disney Park merchandising panel...

More Muppet-as-Star-Wars toys are coming, and this time they're action figures! The original vinyl set will no longer be produced, so if you want it, you better snap it up. The new ones will revisit the old designs as poseable figures, and will be packaged in two-packs, with some new character hybrids thrown in...

Kermit/Luke and Piggy/Leia

Link Hoghtrob/Han and Fozzie/Chewbacca

Bunsen Honeydew/R2-D2 and Beaker/C-3PO

Sam the Eagle/Ben Kenobi and Gonzo/Vader (aka Dearth Nadir!)

Gonzo will include interchangeable heads so that he can be posed with the full face mask or with his real face exposed, and he will also include a Camilla/Stormtrooper pack-in, with removable helmet of her own.

(I'll probably buy four of the Gonzo/Sam set just to make a little army of Chicken Stormtroopers, as seen in the Crystal Gayle episode. )

Downside: Only sold at the Parks, obviously, and they will be slightly smaller than the Palisades line (I specifically asked), but still... it's NEW MUPPET ACTION FIGURES!

I shot video of the slide presentation, and hope to grab some frames to post online, but can't do that with the gear I brought with me. Maybe next week.

DN

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Very intereschting. So the 10-pin Mystery Set from Star Wars Weekens 2010 will indeed lead to more Muppet Star Wars figures... Just not a second set of the original smaller articulated PVC's.
Great that they thought to give Gonzo multiple heads and include Camilla as a Chicken Stormtrooper.
The only ones missing are Rizzo as Yoda and Animal as Tuskan Raider, but maybe we'll get more later like Clifford/Lando or Pepe/Selacious Crum if these do well enough.

Thanks for the update.

figmental

Reaction score
:eek: This is..... great! I've been wanting Sam as Ben and Link as Han since I saw those pins! As for Rizzo not being released.... maybe he'll be a pack in with Kermit and Piggy?

Dearth I can't believed you asked if they'd be in scale with the Palisades figures.

figmental

Reaction score
So, are these like the Disney Star Wars action figures that they have.... or something different?

atrane

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the info! Did they give a potential release date?
Atrane

Luke

Reaction score
Holy Cow ... very cool!

We need Rizzo Yoda tho lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as no one gets anal about these clearly not being the quality of a long defunct toy line, this is indeed great news. yeah, it's a real shame it's only a Park exclusive thing... it's gonna be impossible for any of us to get our hands on without dealing with scalpers (BOOOOOOOOO!) I still don't even have the figurine set yet. But I GOTTS ta get that Link Hogthrob.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
This is going to be epic! I saw the models on toughpigs and....OMG! Link looks good as a brunette! <33 *squee!* :wink: I can't wait! :stick_out_tongue:

Dearth

Reaction score
Dearth I can't believed you asked if they'd be in scale with the Palisades figures.
I was in the center-aisle seat of the second row, so I was the first in line for the Q&A session. Heh heh... Not only did I ask, but they were both conversant and complimentary about the Palisades line.

I'd have to check my tape for the exact quote, but it was along the lines of "Palisades did some wonderful things with that line."

So, are these like the Disney Star Wars action figures that they have.... or something different?
These will be action figures instead of vinyl dolls, if that's what you're asking.

Did they give a potential release date?
I remember one time they mentioned next spring, but that may not have been everything they'd talked about, rather just the one thing he'd specifically been describing at that time.

Actually, I've corresponded with Brad Schoeneberg for a while now, as an editor for endorexpress.net, so I will shoot him an email about the release dates. In fact, I was working on a reply to his latest missive earlier, but put it in my Send Later folder.

Dearth