A question for 70's SS viewers

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
This is a question only for people who were watching the show religiously in the 70's. I am wondering if any of you remember Biff and Sully's first appearance. I know it would have been some time in 1973, because I heard that's when the 2 of them first made their debut on the show. Does anyone remember what the episode was about, and what kinds of things they did and how the Humans and other muppets reacted to them? This is something I'm very curious about because Iv'e always liked Biff and Sully, and I sure do miss them.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
well if you notice the hard thats they've worn throughout the years they're obviously in the construction bussiness but of course they would do others things like sing or whatever like everyone else does. it's hard to remember everything though thetre was 1 from the 70s witch was reused a number of times where they're gonna move a piano and Biff's practices the do ray me a few times and can't do it. He then goes to get the truck while Sully's waiting he plays a tune, don't know what it was called but when me finishes Biff returns with the truck and tires the Do ray me again and suceeds and that was it. Obviously that's not construction don't know why they made such a skit.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe Biff appeared first and Sully came later. You'll see this for example in the 1973 special, "Julie on Sesame Street" among other places.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The first time I remember seeing them was when Maria (in support of the feminist movement sweeping the country back then) got a job at a construction site. (She even gets helped onto a girder by the real-life Jerry Nelson, voice and performer of Biff). During the course of the day, Biff manages to get his lunch box riveted to the girder. At the end of the episode, Maria goes home and explains to everyone what a great day she had at work "But you wouldn't believe this character I met!"

Cut back to the construction site, now under a full moon, Biff is still trying to pry his lunchbox loose with a hammer and chisel. Sully swings the hammer, and misses the chisel and pounds Biff's hand. OUCH!!!

Censored

Reaction score
I remember Biff making references to a person named Sully at his job, but it was a little while before they actually showed him.