A question about Follow that Bird!

golden teeth

Reaction score
Who did Richard Hunt voice? All I could see is that he had a cameo as Gladys the cow briefly. He might have also puppeteerd Elmo briefly. Does anyone know who he performed?

BEAR

Reaction score
He performed Gladys and I know that he provided voices for some of the anything Muppet/random ensemble characters at the end when everyone was yelling "Big Bird's home!" And though he doesn't speak, he may have performed Sully. As some folks here have pointed out, Herry's voice (one line) was not Jerry Nelson in the movie. Some have said it might have been Hunt's voice.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's also a bit strange that Hunt was credited on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" since none of his characters were in that.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
It's also a bit strange that Hunt was credited on "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" since none of his characters were in that.
Yeah, but he probably did a lot of "right hand" work and that is worth the credit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Yeah, but he probably did a lot of "right hand" work and that is worth the credit.
He also might have performed the back half of Mr. Snuffleupagus, and he might have performed Oscar in the scenes where he and Big Bird interract. I can't remember if there are any crowd scenes where Cookie Monster and Bert appear at the same time (in puppet form), but if there are then he might have performed one of those two.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I guess that's a possibility too. Cookie and Bert are both seen in puppet form during "True Blue Miracle" and neither of them said anything, so Richard could have performed one while Frank was performing the other.

BEAR

Reaction score
Oscar, Count, Cookie, Ernie and Bert were all in the "True Blue Miracle" number together. They needed someone to either perform right hands on 4 of those characters, or perform Bert while Frank did Cookie (or vice versa), or perform Oscar while Caroll did Big Bird. I have heard that whenever they are together in a scene, Caroll Spinney will most likely be playing Bird while someone else manipulates Oscar. Which makes me want to start a new thread about something. See ya later!