A question about Cookie Monster!

bladorean

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm a regular on the IMDB boards, and I happened to go onto Sesame's Street's forum, and tell them about this one thing. They told me to come here, saying that they would have answers here.

Well, I'm 16, and back in the day around the early-mid nineties, I used to watch SS. I thought it was the best. However, my number one favorite thing that they ever did(next to the "Rubber Duckie" song), was this song that Cookie Monster did. It was called "Healthy Food." I remember seeing it around 1989-1991, sometime around there. It was my song!!..HEALTHY FOOOOD...TASTES SO GOOOOOOD...the really special thing about it was it was like a spoof of a hip-hop song, Cookie Monster was wearing a ADIDAS jumpsuit, with a gold chain, much like Run-DMC. Oh man, it was hilarious, but educational!..I didn't get it at first when I was younger, but it just flashed back into my head, and I was like OOOOH!

Well anyway onto my question. Does anyone know what Episode Number it was, and what year and date was it aired!! I hope someone can answer this. Thanks!

HEALLLTHY FOOOOOOD....TASTES SO GOOOOOOOD

maxdrive

Reaction score
a lot of times witht he songs they would put them in more then one eppisode

T

timrikthegorf

Yeah, this was in a lot of episodes. I think I have one one tape from the "around the corner" days.

ssetta

Reaction score
Welcome to our forum. See, the way Sesame Street has always been is, well, not so much anymore, inserts like this would be used in a bunch of different episodes over the years. I think this song "Healthy Food" was originally done in 1987, and it was written by Christopher Cerf, whom which I happen to be very good friends with over the phone. So it was originally done in 1987, but it reran until about 1998 or so.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Cookie Monster public service announcement

Does anyone remember when CM did a Public Service Announcement on commercial TV stations?

CM was sitting at a table with a cloth in a grassy yard, presumably the backyard of his mansion, viz. his TV celebrity status. An unseen announcer speaks (as best remembered):

ANNOUNCER: "Excuse me..."
CM: "Wha? Who dat?"
A: "It's me, the roving reporter. You don't have to be shy. Go ahead and eat your cookies."
CM: "Me no can eat only cookies and be healthy"
(a waiter in a typical red uniform places a domed plate in front of CM, then removes the silver dome to reveal "real" food.)
"First me eat meat and fish. For protein and strength."
(CM eats by picking up the plate and sliding the food into his mouth, complete with the "ah-rum-rum" sound)
A: "I see. And now the cookies?"
(another dome/plate is put in front)
CM: "No. Next me eat vegetables...." (which he eats the same way)
A: "And now..."
(another dome and plate, this one containing a glass of milk)
CM: "No. Next me drink milk. For good bones and teeth" (which he drinks with a straw)
A: "And now, for dessert."
(another dome/plate is placed on table. Inside there is a police whistle on the plate.)
"A whistle for dessert??"
CM: "Sure. Blowing whistle give me strong lungs, and <blows whistle>
COOKIES!!!!"
(A full-size yellow front-end loader, which had been gradually and inconspicuously approaching from behind, dumps an avalanche of cookies on CM's head.)

Fade to black with an AD Council or some other logo.

ssetta

Reaction score
Wow, that's cool. I think they could have very well had something like this on SS itself as well.

HarveyK

Reaction score
Healthy Food

Did you know that Healthy Food is on Monster Hits?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I always liked that song. Maybe I should purchase the "Monster Hits" album.