A question about Clementine

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I know that she was originally performed by Brian Meehl, and Brian Meehl left the show in 1984 and Kevin Clash took over as her performer, just like he did with Elmo, and Dr. Nobel Price when Brian left. Now I know that at some point Camile Bonora began performing Clementine. But it wasn't for very long since Richard Hunt died in 1992 and no new material with Forgetful Jones was made, therefore Clementine was written out of the show as well. Does anyone know what year it was when Camile Bonora started performing Clementine? I was told the reason they did this is because they wanted Clementine to have a woman perform her to provide a more womanly voice. Personally I prefer the way she sounded when Brian and Kevin performed her. She didn't even sound the same when Camile took over. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I never knew Kevin performed Clementine. I thought it was just Brian and Camille. I'm assuming she took over sometime in the 80s since that's when she started puppateering.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Was that the song with Clementine and Elmo without Forgetful Jones? If that's the one your'e asking about then that was Camile Bonora. In fact I think that one may have been Clementines last appearance, and I think that skit was made right after Richard Hunt died, which is why Forgetful wasn't in it.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I never knew Kevin performed Clementine. I thought it was just Brian and Camille. I'm assuming she took over sometime in the 80s since that's when she started puppateering.
Yeah Kevin Clash performed Clementine in between the time Brian left the show and Camile Bonora joined the show. Kevin's Clementine actually sounded a lot like a female Elmo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Was that the song with Clementine and Elmo without Forgetful Jones? If that's the one your'e asking about then that was Camile Bonora. In fact I think that one may have been Clementines last appearance, and I think that skit was made right after Richard Hunt died, which is why Forgetful wasn't in it.
No, that is the song where Clementine and some cowboys sing a song to get Forgetful Jones to remember what they are. They keep trying to remind him that he's a cowboy, and each verse ends with them singign "We're real...", to which Forgetful Jones says something like "Astronaut". At the end, they give up, and Forgetful Jones says something like, "A cowboy never gives up!"

BEAR

Reaction score
To be honest, its been so long that I don't even remember what Clementine sounded like. I often forget about her unfortunately. I miss the old Clementine/Forgetful bits.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I don't recall her having a different voice. The one I remember mostly was her having a raspy old-lady like sound. I don't know, it's hard to describe it and I can't download the sound of the voice on the computer. Anyway, I think the one I remember was Camille. The other voices might have been when I was too young to remember, just like the original Elmo's.

By the way, while we're on this subject. Remember the old "Things They'd Never Say Thread?" where one of the posts was Forgetful saying, "Clementine, how am I supposed to remember who you are when your voice keeps changing?" I thought I'd mention that, because I never understood that one until now. I guess he could have said that too a lot of characters.

Whatever happened to that old thread anyway?

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, the song that Clementine sang with Elmo was called "We Call Them All Important" and it's probably from the late 80s/early 90s.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Actually, I don't recall her having a different voice. The one I remember mostly was her having a raspy old-lady like sound. I don't know, it's hard to describe it and I can't download the sound of the voice on the computer. Anyway, I think the one I remember was Camille. The other voices might have been when I was too young to remember, just like the original Elmo's.
Actually the raspy sounding one was Kevin Clash. Camile's Clementine didn't sound raspy at all, but had a very clear voice. It was the most different Muppet recast I had ever seen. So the one you probably remember is Kevin's since that the Clementine who was around for most of your SS era, and mine as well. You might remember Brian Meehl's Clementine. She had a whiny kind of voice. Whenever Forgetful Forgot, she would go "Oooooohhhhhh" Sort of like Brian's Telly.