A new Muppet fan in the world

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
I have a nephew now! :big_grin: An Aunt for the first time!!! I've decided to flood his mind with Muppets a.s.a.p.! So look out muppet fans cause I'm gonna add to the lot!!

Which movie should I start him out with? Or should I just go in Chronological order?

I am thinking TMM should be first.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Sunshineboz!

Congradulations!!! Another crazy Muppet fan for this planet, man :big_grin:

- Billy :cool:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Yes, TMM is a good movie to start with. My daughter (she's two) actually prefers TMS to the movies. She likes the movies, but the shows have more music and are better suited to a young child's attention span. Of course the Sesame Street Muppets are also very popular in our house.

Actually, there is a pretty neat line of SST Muppet plush available for babies. They're called something like My First Pals and are simple, sturdy stuffed toys-- they make Cookie, Big Bird, and Elmo-- and the best part is they are completely washable! When your darling little nephew drops one in a parking lot, it can be tossed in the washer and dryer and come out looking like new-- no little felt eye pieces to fall off in the wash, no plastic to get scratched. You might want to snag one of the Magic Talking Kermits that are still hanging around in some toy stores-- it's a pretty fun toy for a little kid, too.

Anyway, congratulations and have fun teaching him all about the Muppet world! :smile:

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Ms. Quilter, thanks much! I've been wondering which Muppet dolls I could get for him because I cannot get ones with detachable eyes (sewn on are more acceptable) but I'll check that out online!

My brother (the dad) loves the Muppets too but he may need a reminder of how their humor helped to shape ours. He can relive it with his son, it'll be great. I'll look up the washables!
Excellent!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I have two words for you: Fraggle Rock.

(sure, your nephew *may* be a bit young, but it's never too early!)

SFPepe

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I have two words for you: Fraggle Rock.

(sure, your nephew *may* be a bit young, but it's never too early!)
Fraggle Rock is awesome!

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Emmy,
Good Idea about the Fraggles! I love love love Fraggle rock.
I used to make my mom watch it when they first aired so she ended up loving them too.

My nephew will LOVE it!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sunshineboz
Emmy,
Good Idea about the Fraggles! I love love love Fraggle rock.
I used to make my mom watch it when they first aired so she ended up loving them too.

My nephew will LOVE it!
I *loved* Fraggle Rock too when I was younger. Every time the HBO theme music played before Fraggle Rock came on I became so excited (it was like Christmas morning every week), and I'd run up the tv, get in front of the screen, and rhythmically shake my little behind to the music. To this day my parents still tease me about that.

Anyway, it looks like my work here is done!

**rides off into the sunset**

:big_grin:

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I *loved* Fraggle Rock too when I was younger. Every time the HBO theme music played before Fraggle Rock came on I became so excited (it was like Christmas morning every week), and I'd run up the tv, get in front of the screen, and rhythmically shake my little behind to the music. To this day my parents still tease me about that.

Anyway, it looks like my work here is done!

**rides off into the sunset**

:big_grin:
All that is a straight ditto for me too. Except my parents teasing me, I think they forgot.

As you ride off, remember, Buenas Nachos.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Congradulations Michele! Muppet plushes are hard to come by but there are some on PB Toys and FEO Schwartz websites that are quite good! You may need to wait a couple of years for that, but who knows. Maybe keeping a Kermit on the shelf would be a cool thing!