A new Bewitched for my Japanese friends

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Turns out that there is going to be a new version of the American 60s TV series Bewitched produced in Japan. It will be called Bewitched in Tokyo. Here is a link to the website for the show: http://www.tbs.co.jp/okumajo/news.html

You'll have to have Japanese characters enabled on your computer to see it and you can translate the page at www.worldlingo.com.

Awhile ago I had posted about Bewitched being released on DVD in Japan and this show is the reason they are doing it.

I would love to see this new show....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
You'll have to have Japanese characters enabled on your computer to see it and you can translate the page at www.worldlingo.com.
I thin k I need a translation for the translation...

Anyway, I would tend to think that this is weird, but we've been borrowing sitcoms from the Brits for years. Cosby (late 90's CBS) was from one foot in the Grave. And then there's Three's company, and the abysmal failure "Coupling" (which the original runs on PBS) weirdly enough that's the American version of a British version of Friends!

If anything, I bet I could find tapes of this in years to come in those Japanese Grcery stores around here (Unfortunately I cannot find Japanese versions of Ninja Turtles, or the Kinnikuman show I've been dying to see). This series looks very very very interresting.

I wonder if Godzilla will play the Mother in law...
:halo:

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I wonder if Godzilla will play the Mother in law...
:halo:
I think the actress they chose to play the Endora character looks a lot like Karen from "Will and Grace" and she's a hottie! :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
(I should have made it more clear it was a Darrin like joke)

This may be very odd, or it may just be a loving remake, depending on how it goes. Japanese programing is muchg weirder than we're used to. Heck, I've seen bits of cartoons that would NEVEr make it here to the US... very strange things that I can't mention without sounding nuts...