A Muppet Puppet Builder's Portfolio

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
so i have heard, heck back in the day , the workshop got more news from this site and tough pigs than we ever did form the corporate offices, lol

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok heres smthing are the people that where at the workshop also like the muppetes as they where really good to the fans, or am i just thinking that JHC really loves there fans more then meets the eye.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
ok heres smthing are the people that where at the workshop also like the muppetes as they where really good to the fans, or am i just thinking that JHC really loves there fans more then meets the eye.
Translation (I think):
Are the workshop artists as friendly to the public/fans as the JHC always seems to have been?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
you have to remember that the Henson company is going to give you the most PR friendly answers that they can, as for the shop, sure we are friendly, but we also tend to be a bit more reaslistic about things, we go to work do our job, weather we like a project or not, as far as the general public is concered, we dont really have any interaction with them, sometimes people would send odd things they built to the shop, or voice tapes or puppet videos, but we arnt the right people to send them to, so they generally just end up in a pile some where.

you have to realize that there is a huge difference between Fans, and People working in the industry,

but over all sure the shop is friendly , i guess that answers the question, still seems like it is a odd thing to ask

Reaction score
wow. amazing, james!

wow. very impressive that your on here answering questions & stuff. high commendable, for i loved your work with the muppets. i know you dont really wanna answer that many questions, because of what the company is doing now, and i understand that cus i feel the same way. but as for a question on your work... what other muppets have you created or helped create? and what era puppets where they (like what were they used for?)
the ones are the site are incredible, a few of my favorites! i love them.

i have been watching the muppets every day since i was an infant, i was raised on the muppets. (just like a lot of people on this board). im now 21 yrs. old & want to get into puppeteering. making puppets & underground movies for fun. ive always been intrigued with them. but especially the henson "muppet". the foam, the designs, the personalities, the outfits, everything. my work will be heavily, heavily influenced by henson & co and artists like you, and the 'muppet style' of creating & performing.

is there any source of resource (book, video, anything) that you can recommend to me, that would help me in learning how to create a muppet-like puppet. id really appreciate it.

thank you very much. your work with the muppets is outstanding!

much love & respect,
- mike bruno

:big_grin: :sing:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Thanks , glad you like my stuff, i worked mainly on Bear , and muppet classic charaters , (very liitle sesame street, but did wokr on the internatinal stuuf, rebuilt samson, And built the egypt walkaround, also assited on the south africa walkaround, refurbed some mexican puppets)

by the time i was thier we didnt do much new building ,mostly refurb, and new build mainly went to the senoir staff memebers, i worked on Swamp years built that blotch puppet,and some mopa top stuff, and the tommie depola show that very few people have ever seen, thats about it

"is there any source of resource (book, video, anything) that you can recommend to me, that would help me in learning how to create a muppet-like puppet. id really appreciate it."

im pretty much self tought, i thibk if your looking for help u should check out bucks website pretty good tips thier and read thru these postes on th epuppetry forum, more info here than i ever had a s a kid, aside from that it takes lots of practice and persistants

Reaction score
thanx

thanks a lot man! your a insanely nice guy. who is buck and whats his website?

out of curiousity, what classic muppet characters have you helped/or refurbished?

:attitude: