A Muppet Freak Update

dwmckim

Reaction score
A Muppet Freak Mupdate

Many of you know that my blog discussing fandom (with an emphasis on Muppet/Henson fandom) has been put on hold due to everything in my personal life falling apart this year.

Well, it still is. But during its hiatus, something weird happened. My hit count doubled. So i thought i should, you know, post something. It's basically just a "yes i'm still alive, yes the blog is still officially on hiatus, yes if things improve and i'm still alive i'll revive it in 2010" check-in post with a short recap of important developments in the world of Muppet/Henson fandom the last several months.

When i started the blog i decided i didn't want to always been pimping and plugging new articles when they happen on this or other forums because of the Highly-Annoying-and-Borders-on-Spam aspect but i do like Ryan's method that he uses for the Mindset where he has a single thread devoted to saying when there's a new update so i figured i'd adopt that model and should any further posts happen i'll post them here (especially since when it is running, it doesn't follow a daily, weekly, or regular schedule that one can set a calendar by and also because i sense the hit count during its dormancy has been due to people checking in to see "is it back up yet?")

MOD NOTE: I wanted to add the link to the first post in DW's blog so you can start there and get some REALLY good reading done!
http://muppetfreak.blogstream.com/v1/pid/380753.html#TP

The Narrator

Reaction score
Hope things improve, DW! I'll be looking forward to the day when you're able to get back to Muppet blogging! :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
That day has come.

"Return of The Muppet Freak" article posted today.

Tomorrow (or later today depending on your timezone) should see a "The Best Henson Project Nobody's Covering" article and Sunday (or Monday) should see the debut of a fun new series of articles...

dwmckim

Reaction score
New article posted today:

"The Best Henson Project Nobody's Reporting" (or "Where's the Frelling Love?")

I lay down the gauntlet for Henson fansites/fan community to break its mysterious code of silence surrounding the best continuing source of entertainment coming courtesy of The Henson Company these days. Who will join me?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Post links into the forum here so folks can hop over, DW.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks DW!

You know, I tried the Farscape comics because I never have seen an episode of the show, and if you just get the comics they actually are such good stories that they bring you up to date on the series. As a matter of fact, one day when I get caught up on things here I plan to watch the entire series, miniseries, and call it a day. :smile:

Farscape is wonderful.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Thanks for the fix-up in the first post in this thread!

"Farscape: Scorpius #1" (which is actually number two since the debut issue was "#0") came out this week and i am loving it! Totally introduces the world from a whole new perspective (that of one of the "villains") and does a great job of throwing in flashbacks of Scorpius' upbringing that informs his present actions/views. I actually think it would be pretty cool to come to the series for the first time after being first exposed to either the comics or the miniseries because at the very beginning, you see the more archetypal aspects of the characters, and one can better appreciate how more complex they all actually are (especially Captain Crais).

Been slow getting it up as i'm still getting acclimated to my new position at work, but later tonight i should have the debut of a really fun new feature up!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ooh - just caught this, Foz...it's cool that you updated the beginning of this thread with the link to the blog's first post so people can read it chronologically, but it's actally linking to the second posting. The "proper introduction" is here - http://muppetfreak.blogstream.com/v1/pid/380258.html