A Great Episode Feat: When did the Count...

artakserkso

Reaction score
Ok, this question will be tough and probably not defined enough, so please bear with me.

I remember seeing (a long time ago) an excellent episode of Sesame Street where the Count has come up with some ingenious gag concerning numbers, and I can't remember what the gag was. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything else about this episode, either. The reason I don't believe anyone will be able to help me is exactly that... The Count's main preoccupation is fooling around with numbers... So you guys probably don't have enough info from me to help me. Right?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you remember anything else? Did the Count stop counting? Did he change the order of numbers or only count certain numbers and ignore others? Any kind of memory might help someone to nail down the episode.

Also, do you have any idea when you saw it? If we could identify the season it might go a long way to helping everyone figure out the answer to your question.

artakserkso

Reaction score
I see you are an admin here... Perhaps you could track the season down by knowing it was shown in Croatia, on Croatian national television HTV? I'm not sure, but I think that in that particular episode there was a song sung by the Count. I remember him singing something having to do with the counting gimmick. And I know for certain that this episode I'm talking about was a lot older that the one I've seen last, the one with lots of firemen (I think that episode features Elmo). I don't know when the latter was shown, but that was much newer than the one I'm after. I'm sorry I'm able to use only that one for reference, as I didn't have much time to enjoy more of this wonderful show.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think it may have been Season 19. I have that episode. He wanted to stop counting, and become "Count Up and Down", but that didn't last very long, he resumed counting later in the episode.

artakserkso

Reaction score
Nope, ssetta... Don't think that's it, unless there's no more punch to it, I'm afraid. Thanx for trying, though.

Splurge

Reaction score
artakserkso said:
Perhaps you could track the season down by knowing it was shown in Croatia, on Croatian national television HTV?
Out of interest, are you writing from Croatia?

Splurge

Reaction score
artakserkso said:
Splurge: sure am. :smile:
I see. Welcome aboard!

By any chance, this clip of the Count of which you speak, was it a non-English speaking skit on a Sesame co-production? That could explain why others on this board who're familiar with the original American version wouldn't be able to identify the skit based on what else happened in the episode -- it could be an entirely different episode in a co-production!

But if what you remember you originally saw in English, forget what I just wrote. :smile: