"A Frog in a Coconut Tree" Song

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
I was watching "Open Sesame"i tonight I recorded it because its on in the day & i'm at work, any I rember the song "a frog in a coconut tree" but the actual skit looks different & new is there another skit of the same song but older.
If you don't know Open Sesame is 30mins show that has lots of old & new skits put together & comes on Nickeloden on another channel called ABC [Australia Broadcaster Corporation] they have the new sesame street,definately not as good.
Bye

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man, you have a Sesame that actually has both NEW and OLD skits?

The song you are speaking of is actually titled Caribean Amphibean. DOn't want to get picky, though. Anyway, there are two versions that aired in the US, the original Jim Henson recording and theen there was one with Jimmy Buffett and Steve Whitmire (as Kermit) made for the Elmopalooza special.

Does this help?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Hey DrTooth, don't forget that the video version differs from the album version (Kevin's vocals are missing).

Comical_DrBob

Reaction score
sorry wasn't sure of the title.this one had Kermit on a 1 tree island with another frog in the water & fish that did back up singing or something & they showed a map or the Carribean,the one a vagulay rember had a leafy island & a frog was in the tree [probably getting disotioned now].
Yes there is a Sesame Street that shows new & old skits but a whlie ago they had just new 3o minute episodes it excluded elmo's world but they obvoisly found mixing old & new is better,there is no Sesame Steet human interation [fix it store]just skits one after the other.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
This was one of my favorite Sesame Street songs growing up.

Sometiems he lives in the water
Sometimes he lives on the land
Sometimes he likes to go sun himself
On the hot carribean sand.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Comical_DrBob
Yes there is a Sesame Street that shows new & old skits but a whlie ago they had just new 3o minute episodes it excluded elmo's world but they obvoisly found mixing old & new is better,there is no Sesame Steet human interation [fix it store]just skits one after the other.
Hmmmm, this sounds interesting. Do you (or any other people in Australia on this board) collect episodes of this program? 'Cause I'm thinking I just might wanna do a trade ...

gonzolo

Reaction score
This is also the song the 30th anniversary kermit sings, except shorter. He sings, "i'm a carribean amphibian, i like to hop in the tropical sea, carribean amphibian, won't yo sing along with me, won't you sing along with me, ribbit ribbit!" Just thought i'd mention it.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
you got the spelling or Carribbean wrong! I ALWAYS get this one wrong!!!! anyways, it is titled Carribbean Amphibian and my favorite version is the one Kermit sings with my hero, Jimmy Buffett (my first concert of his was at the tender age of 6 months) on Elmopalooza. I need to get that video to see my Jimmy again because I do not have any videos of his performances.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
*muffins* wow erniebert1234ss, thats just the prettiest avatar ive ever seen!

Hmmmm, this sounds interesting. Do you (or any other people in Australia on this board) collect episodes of this program? 'Cause I'm thinking I just might wanna do a trade ...
no, but i wish i had taped even some episodes when i had the chance...i fear ill never see an original episode again...

Splurge

Reaction score
I like that song. It's on the video "The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street". That video ought to put a smile on your face. :smile: