A DVD set I'd like to see....

Drtooth

Reaction score
As an animator (of sorts) I agree with what Sally Crucshank (An animator who worked on SS a lot in the 80's) posted a while back in the "Getting to know your SS animators" thread. We need to have the animations commercially available.
Though I am more a fan of the Muppet characters, I still love the animations. Especially of up and commers and veterans. I feel that we should have a collection of Ss animations, with title cards that say who animated the segment (since they never gave induvidual credits for the animators).

True, some animations are available on various DVD's and videos... but wouldn't it be too cool if they had entire disks of just animations (like the Animation Film festival videos/DVDs you can find in a lot of independant video rental places).

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Wow, dude, are you psychic? Have you read my mind? :wink:

I'd like to see a project like that too. The way I see it, it would be similar to the old Expanded Entertainment catalogue that had tape compilations of the works of one animator each. But since a DVD can hold many of these < minute-long cartoons together, I envision something like this:

SESAME STREET ANIMATION COLLECTION series
•Volume 1: John Hubley / Cliff Roberts
•Volume 2: Paul Fierlinger / Jeff Hale
•Volume 3: Sally Cruikshank / ArtistMike
•Volume 4: that guy who did the Dr. Nancy Einstein and Dr. Annie Eyeball cartoons, among many many others (in cel of course) ... he must've done like 35 or 40 of those
•Volume 5: Others (incl. Richard Condie, Joanna Priestly, Tee Collins, Kaj Pindal, Ishu Patel, etc. ... have I left anyone out?)

I can imagine a collection like this selling well at the AWN store.

Sometime I hope to assemble a Fierlinger collection on a Mini DV (but not for profit of course :wink:). I currently have 16 of the 22 sequences I know he did.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
have I left anyone out?
Don't forget TAZ... he put the Taz in Tazmania...down in Tazmania...

sorry... drifted.

Yeah, something like that, and we should of course add the Animations that Jim Henson did..... you know... to our (hope it will someday be real, but now it's) fictional compilations...

Splurge

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
Wow, dude, are you psychic? Have you read my mind? :wink:

I'd like to see a project like that too. The way I see it, it would be similar to the old Expanded Entertainment catalogue that had tape compilations of the works of one animator each. But since a DVD can hold many of these < minute-long cartoons together, I envision something like this:

SESAME STREET ANIMATION COLLECTION series
•Volume 1: John Hubley / Cliff Roberts
On a side note, there is a set of DVD's for The Hubley Collection. Although the tracks on the lists do not include anything they did for Sesame Street or the Electric Company, it's interesting to see a Sesame animator's other works.