A couple of oddities today

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Lately, I haven't been getting all of my emailed "watch" posts when someone posts into things I'm watching. I've heard others complain about this lately, too, so maybe someone could check into this....

But THIS ONE is weird. Weird weird. I HAVE an email saying that someone posted an update into a thread that I'm watching (a thread that I started, actually) and I can actually READ the post in the email that was sent...but it's not HERE at MC in the thread itself. Weird, huh? I've tried refreshing the page (this was hours ago), closing Mozilla and still--not sigh of the post in the actual thread of in my "alerts." Can someone technologically inclined take a look at this and tell me what the wocka is going on?

You are dears!

Ru

Slackbot

Reaction score
My guess was that the post was deleted after the message was sent. Perhaps you could ask the poster if this is the case?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Oh. I had no idea you could do that. I might. Thanks, Kim!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Kim's right. Sometimes posts get deleted after a notification of said post being posted in the respective thread has gone out due to reasons justifying the deletion. If that happens, move to the last post before the one that came in and move down line by line.

As for the notification deal... Yes, it's a Facebook-type deal where you have to keep coming back into the threads you're subscribed to in order to get new post notifications once again, in spite of having said threads marked on your "Watch" list. It happens to me with the Muppet Mindset thread, or a fic thread when I just read the post in my email notification and then go to the forum to find out there's at least one more post past the one I just received.

Hope this helps, have a grand weekend.