A common themed episode

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
It seems as though there was a lot of times when they did an episode about Oscar moving away from Sesame Street, then moving back. After reading the SS episode guides. I noticed that on the second episode of Sesame Street Oscar moved away, then missed everyone and moved back. In the 3rd Season he does this once again, that same season there is an episode about Oscar moving his can to various locations around SS, now I know for a fact that the 2003 episode was a remake of that one. Also there was the time he moved to Candycane Lane in 1987. I guess when a show is on the air for 37 years, and there's over 4,100 shows, theyr'e bound to remake an episode. Another reused idea was Big Bird sitting on an egg and waiting for it to hatch. This was also done in a Season 3 episode, and years later remade in 1995. I guess it's just a way to "modernize" the old shows. Which is okay, but I'd rather have access to the oldies, also I like it when they have original ideas for episodes. There was a set of Hurricane episodes in both 1993 and 2001. In the earlier one The old Woman who lived in a shoe's house landed on Big Bird's nest, in the latter his nest was destroyed. I wonder if just about every modern episode of Sesame Street, is a remake of an older episode. Just this past season we had an adoption episode similar to the Miles adoption episodes from 20 years earlier.