A Baby's Nursery - Dilema

janicerulz

Reaction score
A Baby's Nursery - Seeking advice/guidance

Hey all. I'm new to the forum and seeking help. Since I have posted elsewhere "about myself" I will repeat all that here..

Our best friends are having a baby and the theme they opted to go with is "Muppets". The problem? They can't find licensed Merch to decorate/set up a nursery. They have tried e-Bay and other on line sites, but nothing is panning out.

They are having a friend who's an artist come over and 'decorate' the nursery freehand with a variety of Muppet stuff so that takes care of any "wallpaper" issues.

As for bedding, the only stuff I remember is twin sheet sets from the 80's -- long since out of print -- by Lady Pepperell (and that was after researching the merch page on this site). There appears to be no fabric available with muppet prints, so making anything seems out of the question.

I'm figuring that with Disney controlling licensing now, a lot more stuff will start coming out (and please let's not start about whether or not that is a good thing or a bad thing) but probably NOT before their due date (June).

So I put it out to you -- any other crafters, or artists, or parents who've been there/done that -- in the group. Please help me point them in the right direction. Thank you so much!

--JaniceRulz

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
A Muppet nursery is more challenging than going with one of the lines at Babies R Us, but it is definitely do-able and so much more fun!

Bedding. Are they going for classic Muppets or will Sesame Street do? There are a number of Sesame Street fabrics available at fabric stores right now (I saw three the last time I was at Joann Fabrics) and crib bedding could be made from those. If they want classic Muppets, there are a couple options. The simplist would be to go with solid bedding in Muppet colors-- Kermit green, bright blues, red. White bedding could be died if necessary, but bright colored crib sheets are pertty easy to find (try the kids catalog with Company Store). For a more Muppety look, there were a number of Muppet sheets sold in the past and they show up fairly often on eBay. I got one for a couple dollars and used it to make a curtain for my daughters' playroom. If sheets don't show up (tv and movie memorabilia stores sometimes have them as well, also second hand stores) and you can find someone with an embroidery machine, there is an embroidery cd-rom of Muppet images (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal and Rizzo). (I wrote a review about the Muppet embroidery cards that's on the site some where.) The Muppet images could be embroidered to make custom bedding. The final option is to get a copy of Quilting with the Muppets and use the patterns in that to applique Muppets onto bedding.

Muppet posters and stills can be purchased from various online sites and framed to add to the Muppety feel of the room. Muppet stickers or small pictures could be decopaged (no idea how to spell that) onto a light switch cover, shelf, etc. Actually, a little plywood and you could add a Kermit head to the top of a bookcase or dresser. If Sesame Street is included a plywood Oscar could hang out with the diaper pail, or Rizzo could be painted on a diaper pale. Target has Muppet Baby plush which would probably look great in a nursery. A Muppet lamp would be cool and could be created by decoupaging Muppet pictures to a plain lampshade.

A mobile can be made with some of the Palisades figures. I'd consider buying a mobile and swapping out whatever it comes with for Muppets rather than starting from scratch-- that way it will fit securely on a crib and play music (albeit not Muppet music) when wound. You can make your own with hangers (try and find cute, kid-sized plastic hangers in colors that match the room) and hang it from the ceiling if you don't care about the music side of the mobile, that would allow you to use larger plush Muppets, the Sababa plush would work and are pretty easy to find.

Hope some of that helps and your friends have fun creating a great nursery! :smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
There is a ceramic Muppet Babies nursery set which includes a lamp, money bank, photo frames and some other peices. You can also get a cot bed set and a single bed set. There are also cushion dolls, That are just two sides of fabric with images on either side.

eBay is your best bet.

Camellia

Reaction score
Muppet Babies Ceramic Enescos 1984-86

Warrick said:
There is a ceramic Muppet Babies nursery set which includes a lamp, money bank, photo frames and some other peices. You can also get a cot bed set and a single bed set. There are also cushion dolls, That are just two sides of fabric with images on either side.

eBay is your best bet.
hi, I remember those items. cool! But I'm still looking for a lot of the Enesco Muppet Babies ceramics. Been looking on ebay off and on since 1998. Don't see much there. If anyone has any Muppet Babies Enesco 1984-86 ceramics for sale, (must be as new/mint) please contact me.
thanks!
have fun!
:smile:
best wishes,
Diane and Gina
visit our Muppet Store
Camellia's
http://www.camelliasoftware.com/muppetstore
our ID at ebay is doozer!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I have the Baby Gonzo and Camilla Enesco ornament! But I love it too much to sell or trade.

sorry

Camellia

Reaction score
Warrick said:
I have the Baby Gonzo and Camilla Enesco ornament! But I love it too much to sell or trade.

sorry
are you writing about an ornament or a 4" figurine?
I heard they made ornaments, too, about 2", but never did see one!