7th Muppet Movie

rowlfthedog

Reaction score
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Muppet Central declares "The seventh film of the Muppet franchise is scheduled to premiere on November 23."[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Seventh?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1. The Muppet Movie[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2. The Great Muppet Caper[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3. The Muppets Take Manhattan[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4. The Muppets Christmas Carol[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5. Muppet Treasure Island[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]6. Muppets From Space[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]7. Kermit's Swamp Years[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]8. It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]9. Muppets Wizard Of Oz[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10. A Muppets Christmas: Letters To Santa[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]How are 4 of these films officially not part of the Muppet franchise? [/FONT](I know which ones I'd prefer weren't!). :smile:[/FONT]

Aaron

Reaction score
Muppet Central is speaking strictly of theatrically released movies i believe.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Exactly. The seventh Classic Muppet film made to be screened in movie theatres...

1. Muppet Movie
2. Great Caper
3. Manhatten
4. Carol
5. Island
6. Space

(Also, Letters to Santa was a special, not a movie.)

rowlfthedog

Reaction score
Ok cool, thanks! I thought it may have been... :embarrassed:

So that's the first 6, leaving out the most recent 4 - which I am more than happy to do!

Drtooth

Reaction score
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Muppet Central declares "The seventh film of the Muppet franchise is scheduled to premiere on November 23."[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Seventh?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1. The Muppet Movie[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2. The Great Muppet Caper[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3. The Muppets Take Manhattan[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4. The Muppets Christmas Carol[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5. Muppet Treasure Island[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]6. Muppets From Space[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]7. Kermit's Swamp Years[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]8. It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]9. Muppets Wizard Of Oz[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10. A Muppets Christmas: Letters To Santa[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]How are 4 of these films officially not part of the Muppet franchise? [/FONT](I know which ones I'd prefer weren't!). :smile:[/FONT]

LTS is no more a movie than Muppet Family Christmas. It was only about 44 minutes long, and it was treated more as a special than a telefilm... it had a theatrical quality to the look, but it wasn't categorized as a movie.

This is the 7th THEATRICAL movie, if you count FTB and EIG as a separate entity... technically it would be the 9th if these two counted.

beaker

Reaction score
Of all the specials/dtv stuff, LTS is the only one that actually looks like a theatrical film(as much as AVMMCM was twice as long) Why it was so truncated, I'll never know.

I really love LTS for some reason, but also find it frustrating how short it is. MWOO I refuse to ever watch again...I barely got through it on tv, and can understand people claiming the Muppet's death after seeing that one.

(In fact I almost have a new appreciation for KSY after seeing Oz)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of all the specials/dtv stuff, LTS is the only one that actually looks like a theatrical film(as much as AVMMCM was twice as long) Why it was so truncated, I'll never know.
NBC. All I can say. I swear they had a hand in making it 44 minutes so they could fit in another Biggest Loser or something. THAT they always make 2 hours... :rolleyes:

dwmckim

Reaction score
It was 44 minutes because it was always intended from the beginning to be a television special and not a telefilm. 44 minutes of actual show (minus commercial time) for an hour program is pretty standard for network television these days.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
For a while, I considered It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and The Muppets' Wizard of Oz official Muppet movies despite being made-for-TV and displayed them with the theatrical 6 on my DVD shelf, though I may change that once the DVD of The Muppets comes out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is the 7th THEATRICAL movie, if you count FTB and EIG as a separate entity... technically it would be the 9th if these two counted.
EIG actually should be counted, because Jim Henson Pictures was involved with production along with CTW (as opposed to FTB, which was produced by CTW only): Brian was even executive producer.

Both The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth could be counted as well, but they can't because they truly are separate entities as Jim wanted these movies as departures from his traditional Muppet fare.

EDIT: I think another reason why MC is declaring the new movie as the "seventh" is because it seems like the Muppet community, as a whole, likes to pretend that KSY and MWoO never existed... yet they always praise IAVMMCM... and you know what? If Jason Segel ruins the new movie with his filthy sense of humor, I might have a chance of removing my personal "Worst Muppet Movie to Date" title from IAVMMCM, which... I don't know, it seems like it might happen...

*In Nostalgia Critic mode* So let me get this straight... the movie's about Jason Segel who wants to hook up with Amy Adams Whose Still Being A Redhead Right Now Which Makes Her Look Like Jenna Fischer, and he's thrown the Muppets in there somewhere, but that's not important... ?