7/8/05: Statler and Waldorf reviews at Movies.com

Lynnette

Reaction score
For anyone who didn't see the latest installment, here is a summary created only in Muppet Central smilies:

:boo: :sleep: :sympathy:

Ta-da! Such talent...

-Lynnette

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

wow Bills Rowlf is great sounds a lil like Jim and Bobo, eather way glad to have him talking again! :sympathy: the end is funny Waldorf: Statler, wake up!" Statler: Oh am I dead?" hahaha :boo: I love them too!!!! LOL hahahahahahhaha

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
YYAAAAAYYYYYY!! EPISODE TWO!!

DOUBLE-YYYAAAYYYYYYYY!! ROWLF THE DOG!!!

This is great! Now that Jerry's retired from The Muppets, they need to rush his replacements and NOW we can get a great Muppet movie with everyone back in the saddle...or Studebaker as the case may be...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
NOW we can get a great Muppet movie with everyone back in the saddle...or Studebaker as the case may be...
...Or bus...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It's great to see the Muppets in use so much and Bill's Rowlf is really good and can only get better, seriously; that was the best bit of the whole episode, I hope we see more and more of him.

The downer? Not very funny, actually; not at all funny, some of the jokes didn't even make any sense either; "Once you go orange you never go back"? Huh?

So all in all, good performances but the writing needs some improvement.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, this is the first time Rowlf had a speaking part since...well, since Jim's death. That's Bill Barretta? He does a good job. Steve Whitemire's version of Statler sounds just like Richard's version...however, I think he and Dave need a little work on their laughs. Also, I'm starting to think those too are starting to get a little less irriatiable. But still, this From the Balcony is hilarious! Keep up the great work!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
The downer? Not very funny, actually; not at all funny, some of the jokes didn't even make any sense either; "Once you go orange you never go back"? Huh?
Oompa Loompa's are orange. And there's a similar saying, also having to do with the colour of someone's skin, if you switch out the word orange. I'll leave you to it, I don't want to type it out in full in case it would offend someone, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Quite a racy thing for them to say, really, if you understood it.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
It is so terrific to see Rowlf back in action! I hope he shows up in future episodes, perhaps he could be their permanent "On the Set" guy. It would be a great chance for Bill to perfect Rowlf so he could have an actual role (besides cameo) in a future movie.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I agree that it is Great! And somewhat funy. But Waldorf still need a little (lot) of work on his voice which is suspiciously Gonzo...but it was Great to see Rowlf! Even if he voice was a tad...gees, am I picky or what???