6 Snakes on a picnic

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And how about this one? What happens during the snakes picnic outing related to the number 6?

superboober

Reaction score
I recall they ate six types of food each that started with S.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Do you or anybody recollect what those 6 foods were? And did anything else noteworthy happen?

It sounds like this was a combination tribute to the number 6 and the letter S.

Xerus

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Do you or anybody recollect what those 6 foods were? And did anything else noteworthy happen?

It sounds like this was a combination tribute to the number 6 and the letter S.
Actually, the cartoon was about the Letter S. And the story went like this.

"Six snakes spent Saturday on the sand.
For supper they served soup, salad, spaghetti with sauce, sandwiches, and sausages. Followed by sweets.
After the succulent supper, the six snakes slept snoring."

And it sounded like David was telling the story.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Actually, the cartoon was about the Letter S.
Maybe so but it still strikes me as sort of poetic that the 6 snakes specifically ate 6 types of food that began with S

1. soup
2. salad
3. spaghetti with sauce
4. sandwiches
5. sausages
6. sweets

ISNorden

Reaction score
Bill--you made a good point about the six items on the menu, but I still doubt that it was meant to teach letters and numbers at the same time. (If the number six had also been visible in that cartoon, I'd accept it as a combination tribute.) To the best of my knowledge, Sesame Street has aired only one cartoon in which a specific letter AND a specific number get equal time:

An artist thinks about the letter N, which inspires him to paint a number (the word "Number" appears, highlighted N and all, above the artist's head). He then tries to think of a number whose name begins with N, and chooses to paint a 9. Finally, the artist hangs the 9 next to eight other number-paintings, counting out loud as he passes them. "N for Number Nine!" he exclaims at the end, pointing to his work proudly.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Actually, the cartoon was about the Letter S. And the story went like this.

"Six snakes spent Saturday on the sand.
For supper they served soup, salad, spaghetti with sauce, sandwiches, and sausages. Followed by sweets.
After the succulent supper, the six snakes slept snoring."

And it sounded like David was telling the story.
You're almost right; the narrator described the snakes' meal as a "sumptuous supper", but otherwise you've got the story down word for word.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes ISNorden that is right it was predominantly about the letter S. I suppose the hidden reference to the number 6 may have been simply a subtle little added touch whether it was conscious or sub-conscious. Kids may have indirectly picked up the message like a subliminal extra lesson.

Or maybe I'm trying to read too much into a plain co-incidence? LOL

ISNorden

Reaction score
:embarrassed: My apologies, Martin: I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions about your real name. Still, I'm glad to find a fan with lots of detailed memories; judging by your profile, you started watching only a few years later than I did.